help stocking my 10gal

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
first off im new to the hobby but caught on fairly quickly, learning from past mistakes. so i have a spare 10 gallon tank in my room and i feel it would look better with fish... and water of course. i wanted to do something along the lines of a iwagumi set up. Sand substrate , nice decorative rocks , a piece or two of drift wood and sometime of moss to make the driftwood look sorta like a tree. and i wanted some advice or input from the other members here on AC on my stocking list. im not married to the list so any advice/ input would be welcomed and appreciated.

10- micro rasboras
a few shrimp- cherry shrimp maybe?
5- golden white clouds
5- neons

yay? nay? like i said before any advice or input would be welcomed and appriciated as im not married to this list and i also have a 20gal if i need the bigger tank

thanks, Kyle

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Sounds nice Kyle.

IMO, I'd go with ~6 rasboras and at least 6 neons. Neons do better in groups of 6 or more.

Maybe skip the white clouds and go 8 and 8 with the rasboras and neons, + what ever inverts you want.

Joel

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
i wanted small inverts , any suggestions, as these will be the first inverts i would have. I want easier to maintain inverts

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

FreshyFresh

Global Moderator
Staff member
Jan 11, 2013
West Falls NY
Real Name
Joel
Something along the lines of a group of ghost shrimp would be great for your 10gal.

I may go that route with my 10gal once I get'r settled.

Joel

shrimp lover

Registered Member
Jan 30, 2013
by all means you can go with yellow shrimp cherry shrimp or tiger shrimp or even oebt shrimp BUT OEBT SHRIMP COST 5$ A PIECE i started out with oebt shrimp

esoepr1976

AC Members
Oct 27, 2012
Iowa
Real Name
Emily
Ghost shrimp are cheap, but not long lived. Mostly they are sold as feeders. I would go with something like cherry red shrimp. They are pretty easy to keep.

Emily

shloken38

AC Members
Apr 24, 2012
Definitely go red cherry shrimp. Those things are pretty indestructible, and breed like jack rabbits. When their population explodes, you can sell or trade the overage.

As for the fish, I would do a school of 10 of one of those 2, then pick up 2 sparkling gouramis as a "centerpiece". They are peaceful and stay small. It is better to have more fish in your school as this will bring out more of their natural behavior.

Sent from my iPhone using MonsterAquariaNetwork app

ktrom13

AC Members
Feb 4, 2013
boston
Real Name
Kyle
I feed him flakes twice a day and bloodworms once a week. I dont know much about bettas but i know hes a tropical fish so i treat him no different than my other fish besides the fact that he gets waters changes more than once a week because the size of his tank. I saw him eat today so im happy but i now need to get rid of the algae on the sand but i kinda like it. It kind of looks like a carpet. Hell be getting a 2.5 soon after i get my other tank up and running. He flared his gills today also. It was pretty sick. Ill try to get pics up soon

Sent from my SGH-T989 using MonsterAquariaNetwork App

tanker

Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!
Sep 1, 2003
Calif. SF Bay area
Visit site
Real Name
Jessica
As for the fish, I would do a school of 10 of one of those 2, then pick up 2 sparkling gouramis as a "centerpiece". They are peaceful and stay small. It is better to have more fish in your school as this will bring out more of their natural behavior.
I agree.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store