Here we go... Gas Prices

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Corax

Temporarily risen from the dead..
Nov 14, 2001
What bugs me is that when there is a spike in oil prices, gas goes up INSTANTLY. Within hours, gas that was already bought and paid for has gone up.. Then, when oil prices drop, the gas barely goes down and if it does, it takes weeks to show up. We need something new, that isn't controlled by the middle east. Ethanol is powering the Indy 500 next year, so hopefully people will become interested in it.

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
As much as I dislike paying it, In some respects I wish the price of gas jumped up quite drastically. It would make all sorts of other fuels more cost effective, and potentially cause much more R&D into other sources.

happychem

redorkulated
Dec 9, 2003
Halifax, NS
Visit site
I kind of agree with you Slip. I think that the truking lobby might oppose it, but I wouldn't mind seeing the price of gas for non-comercial use increase by a dollar or two. Those who really needed to drive would, but you'd think twice about it, research into alternative fuels, be they ethanol or alternative combusants, fuel cells, electric cars, solar power, whatever. I think that there's a great deal of potential in these if the money was put to it. I know for a fact that there are plenty of researchers really keen on alternative energy sources, but they have a heck of a time getting funding.

FL Knifemaker

Arming the Free World
Oct 20, 2004
Central FL
Timmain42 said:
Why does 130 miles per tank seem a little low to me?
I think it has to do with my body mass and the size of the throttle body FI system on the bike! :eek:

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
chuckj said:
2.16 here in West Michigan........how about your area?
It is about $2.15 over in South East Michigan. :rolleyes:

... And I'm pretty much used to it. I just do not drive my unleaded fueled car when prices spike; rather I break out the Ram 2500 Diesel (which only has 6,000 miles on it). It is very efficient for some reason.

Ems

Betta lover!
Jan 4, 2005
British Columbia
Where I am, in BC (lower mainland), it's 69.9 cents a litre... not sure of the conversion into gallons, and too lazy to check :rolleyes:

acefred

AC Members
Dec 26, 2004
In my are of Ontario(1hr west of Toronto) looking at 76/l or about $3.42/gal The price actually came down today................

Timmain42

Disturbed Quasi-Genius
Jan 4, 2002
D/FW, TEXAS
www.xmenclan.org
Ems said:
Where I am, in BC (lower mainland), it's 69.9 cents a litre... not sure of the conversion into gallons, and too lazy to check :rolleyes:
1 gallon US = around 4 liters.

ScottoMacD

Charlie and Amanda's Daddy
Dec 21, 2001
Vaudreuil-Dorion, Quebec, Canada
Ems said:
That's it???

Ours just went up to 94 cents a litre. Quebec and it's crazy taxes.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store