Here we go... Gas Prices

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

slipknottin

the original legend
Jan 13, 2002
CT
Real Name
Connor
aquariumfishguy said:
"They" aren't producing anything. Who the heck is they? I'm speaking about the people in that country, with no ties to the oil companies, and so on.
Look at alaska for instance, the population in alaska is payed by the oil companies.

In nearly all middle eastern countries the goverment owns the oil production, so the people do indeed have ties to the oil 'companies'.

I really fail to see your argument, are you implying that our goverment should put a price ceiling of $.03 on gas?

Last edited:

Sensei_the_dojo

AC Members
Dec 4, 2002
Dangerdoll said:
ride bicycles
I do. I try not to use the car unless I have too. Averaging 100 - 150 miles per week on my bikes. Already have about 25 miles in today. ;)

I read someplace that bicycling is the most energy efficient mode of human transportation.

Last edited:

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
No arguement coming from me, I do not care about the issue that much to argue, since after all I will still drive regardless of the costs. I just think that the taxes we pay on oil is rediculous, and I fail to see why we have to pay as much as we do pay. We help many of these countries out so they can live better lives, why shouldn't we get a break on the oil prices?

But as I said, nothing said in this thread will change things so pointless to argue it. JMO.

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
There was an interesting story on the local news this morning about there being a dramatic increase in people stealing gas at the pumps. They fill up their cars and take off without paying.

It used to be something that would typically happen with teens in small amounts but they are saying now that the demographic is broadening. They are seeing late model, high end SUVs and the like pmping $30, 40, 50 worth of gas and then driving off.

The gas stations say they are hesitant to institue a Pay First policy because it severely decreases the shopping revenue in their convenient stores.

I'm glad my Kia gets 35 miles to the gallon : )

greeneyedlady

Duchess of Comedy
Jul 4, 2002
MD, USA
actually here in the state of Maryland they have signs up at the pumps saying if you are caught doing this, they will take away your license to drive :eek:

tomm10

Prodigal Son
Oct 15, 2003
Oxford, MA
www.tomwalkerportraits.com
greeneyedlady said:
actually here in the state of Maryland they have signs up at the pumps saying if you are caught doing this, they will take away your license to drive :eek:
That's a good idea. Apparently they are just looking at getting better cameras here so they can track people down.

aquariumfishguy

Social Regular
Jul 14, 2003
Michigan, USA
www.care4fish.com
GEL - most states do have some sort of sign saying similar things. However, those willing to drive off are probably experienced enough to know they won't be caught (or that it isn't likely at least).

Monkey Island

Registered Member
Mar 3, 2005
Gas Prices

Just had a look at the link to the rise in gas prices to $2.50 per gallon. To me that is a bargain, over here in the UK that would equate to about £1.35 per gallon; at the moment most gas stations over here in the UK are about £4.00 per gallon that generally equates to $8.00.

Bloodly thing about that though is; most of it is tax ( Government add 86% tax to our fuel ).

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store