highway robbery.....a rant

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

kody1192

AC Members
Mar 2, 2006
driftwoods expensive...plain and simple....i paid like $80 for 2 pieces about 20"high look on like page 2 or 3 on update on 235gal it has some pics in there

Toirtis

Keeper of strange fishes
geekrockgirl85 said:
see if you can switch tags.. i've gotten some pretty big pieces of malaysian driftwood for 9.99 by "accident". :devil:
In some states, that can also get you a full 12 months in prison...price-switching (considered fraud and theft) is pretty much oe step up from shoplifting.

tetramoon13

AC Members
Jun 14, 2006
Milton, NH
doh!

:coffee2: (too early....must have coffee!!)

twig

AC Members
Apr 28, 2006
the big lfs warehouse here is selling rocks and driftwood for 50% off :D

Everything is worth what people will pay for it.

trkyhunter91

3yrs and still learning!!!
Apr 18, 2006
Ohio
How did the grapevine do it the tank? I was thinking of doing the same with mine but didnt know if it would look right and be ok for the water. Ive never seen it in the aquarium section just the reptile. Just wondering if it made a mess in the water also. Thanks Shannon

Akysten

AC Members
May 28, 2006
Standard driftwood is a little cheaper.. but any imported driftwood will cost you about $7.99/lb.
I frequently see african rootwood for $50 or more.

This is a one time purchase.....

It's not the driftwood that bothers me though, it's ROCKS...
$2.49/lb? I went to a landscaping/stone place and bought the same rocks for $.09 cents/lb. Or you can just find the rocks yourself. I just find the landscaping place has so many varieties.. and since they're used to selling by the TON... it's dirt cheap. I walked out with more rocks than I could use for less than $3. Of course, they didnt' have scales for such small purchases.. so they had to "guess" at the weight.

gatotsu77

AC Members
May 17, 2006
geekrockgirl85 said:
see if you can switch tags.. i've gotten some pretty big pieces of malaysian driftwood for 9.99 by "accident". :devil:
Just pointing out to you, when I worked at Target, we arrested several people for doing that very same thing. Sure, some people get away with it... but its not worth the risk of getting caught.

gunther

AC Members
Jul 29, 2006
i posted pics of my tank in the "new guy" thread. I have 3 pieces of wood decoration in there that cost me over 100. Believe it!

tetramoon13

AC Members
Jun 14, 2006
Milton, NH
trkyhunter91 said:
How did the grapevine do it the tank? I was thinking of doing the same with mine but didnt know if it would look right and be ok for the water. Ive never seen it in the aquarium section just the reptile. Just wondering if it made a mess in the water also. Thanks Shannon
I boiled it for 3 hours, then let it sit overnight with a weighted cover on top, to keep it submersed, and that did the trick...that got most of the tannins out, I put a couple small pieces in my 5 gal, and it lightly stained the water, but it looks nice, actually.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store