Hillstream loach tank questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Luc

AC Members
Aug 25, 2008
Thailand
For your spraybar trouble, just get some 90' hose connectors. You can buy the at any garden or DIY store with garden department. Connect 3 of them with PVC-pipe and plumbers tape in such a way that the filter hose connects vertical at the back of the tank then going over the rim of the tank (upside down U shape) and in the tank 1 more connector to bring it horizontal and ends up in your spraybar.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Percs! Awesome, I can't wait to see them!

So, it's ceramic?
Yes, it is. Holds down the veggie pretty good. Only once in a while the veggie escapes and floats around the tank. A great price for the percs. so I had to get them.

For your spraybar trouble, just get some 90' hose connectors. You can buy the at any garden or DIY store with garden department. Connect 3 of them with PVC-pipe and plumbers tape in such a way that the filter hose connects vertical at the back of the tank then going over the rim of the tank (upside down U shape) and in the tank 1 more connector to bring it horizontal and ends up in your spraybar.
Thank you for the suggestion. I'll see what I can do tomorrow and if it doesn't work, I'll try what you mentioned.

I still have some of the hose left too as the filter isn't too far from the tank so I can mess up another time :).

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
Your tank is looking great!!!Did you buy the filter new or used? The pic you posted that shows the output in the tank looks wrong. It appears the green tubing/hose comes over the rim of the tank and then connects to a long piece of hard green plastic pipe. Then the connection to the spray bar is hidden by the plants but I assume there is a section of hose that connects to the spraybar. Am I correct in the layout?Normally, the green tubing/hose from the canister filter goes over the rim of the aquarium and is prevented from kinking by using the green elbow that has a slot cut in the side. This elbow slips over the hose and rests on the rim of the aquarium. Then a small elbow is used to connect a short piece of hose to the spray bar.Or it is a J-shape hard plastic pipe that hangs on the rim of the tank and also uses the small elbow to connect 2 short pieces of hose, one from the J-tube to elbow and one from the elbow to the spraybar.I hope this made sense to you, if not, ask away!!

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Yes, it is set up wrong:). I couldn't get the spray bar to stay straight as the plastic hose kept bending (the hose was rolled in the box, giving the bend shape to it), making it at a angle so I used the other part to help keep it straight. First night I had it set up right but when I woke up, one end of the bar was out of the water. Tried it again for a day. Same thing happened so I just used the J-shape whatever it is called to connect to the spray bar. Hasn't moved since. I bought it new for $100.

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
This is how I set it up as I couldn't get the hose to bend to keep the spray bar straight:

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
You have the J-tube upside down. If you put it so the J portion is closer to the tank rim AND closer to the end panel of the tank, the spray bar will fit perfectly and mount to the short side end panel with the suction cups.Do you have the filter sitting on the floor?

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Can you draw a picture? It would help me understand better instead of trying to think about it in my head:). I would prefer to put the spray bar on the back instead of the side of the tank as I have my two power heads on the opposite side of the filter. Yes, the filter is on the floor. Im not looking for the filter's surface movement as I already have the power head near the top moving the water. I just need it to filter the tank.

dudley

Eheim User
Feb 9, 2005
Medina, Ohio
Real Name
Dee
The curved portion of the output tube is meant to rest on the rim of the tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store