Hillstream loach tank questions

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
The curved portion of the output tube is meant to rest on the rim of the tank.
I know but it won't work on my tank since the tank is not on a high stand. The way I have it now works for me so I think I'll just keep it that way. Don't want to mess with it. It didn't even work when I had the elbow part on for some odd reason as I set it up exactly like the picture shown. Only difference is that I have the input part next to the output (input located on the opposite side of the powerheads).
2213dn1.jpg
(not my drawing; from plantedtank)

2213dn1.jpg

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
I was told you have to have the canister lower than the tank bottom for filter to work right, it wasn't an Eheim but...siphon into filter, pump to return. Are you getting good suction & return flow?

Oct 31, 2009
CA
Real Name
Sho
Yep works perfectly for me. Quiet too :). I've actually seen some people who have the Eheim filters at the same height. They say it works so I don't know. Never heard about it not working. The current from the output pushes the loaches when they get near the spray bar.

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store