how to deal with overly aggressive stray cat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

tekonus

...meh?
Nov 20, 2008
Long Island, NY
Good cat advice posted so I won't bother with that.

That is one CUTE dog! Can you post more pics in better lighting so I can see what color it is? Adorable!!
Why thank you!

Great advice all, I appretiate the input whether it be serious or in jest.
As for pictures with better lighting? I take most of them with my phone, so the lighting is crap. I do have 2 more saved on my computer right now, though.
The one outside was right before we took her for her first hair cut. The other was taken the day we brought her home.

012.jpg 013.JPG

esparonisproud

AC Members
Feb 7, 2009
honestly its ure decision u gunna hav to choose between your cute lil puppy or the mad neighbours ugly cat, animal control and set up traps for them or u can put poison in food and throw it nexdt door, snail poison usually works best

Somervell

AC Members
Feb 8, 2009
PA
Real Name
Anne
I think that some of these suggestions sound downright cruel and as dangerous to some of the humans around (in the hands of a bad shot) as the feral cats. Since you are that close to the neighbor that the cats are an immediate threat to the puppy, I would be concerned about firing a firearm in that dense an area. That's a pretty serious offense in the suburbs where I am from. The hose idea sounds pretty safe (and effective).

Call animal control if you really suspect the animal is rabid-- it's their job. That pretty much keeps you out of direct confrontation with the neighbors, as well.

snoopy65

I am Sam aka Snoopy65
Aug 24, 2008
Where the ducks walk on the fish, PA
Hubby says, trap it in a box trap and take it, with gun in hand, on a one way trip to the woods. We live in the country and that is how "wild" cats are dealt with here. Animal control is your best bet where you are though. If you contact them and let them know you think there is a rabid cat in the area, they should be rather quick to come and take care of it.

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
While I would be very upset at the loss of a loved pet I'd be most upset at myself for allowing the animal to be in the position to get shot.

tekonus

...meh?
Nov 20, 2008
Long Island, NY
i would love to see what you all would do if someone shot one of your animals that strayed from your yard....crazy.:nono:
They are not her pets, per say. She just feeds them... so they keep coming around. It's not like she sits outside and pets them. She just leaves out food every morning and probably watches them through the windows.

To others suggesting shooting the thing. Honestly, I hate cats and would love to. Not gonna happen, though. We've had the trap out for 2 days with some leftover tuna in it and haven't had any hits yet. It's been rainy out, though. So, that might be effecting our success. If we catch the possible rabid cat I plan on trying to bring it somewhere to be "tested". Any other cats are going to take a ride to the next town over and be re-released because the shelter doesn't want them.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store