how to deal with overly aggressive stray cat

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

wetwillyjoe69

Blarg?
Jun 17, 2008
Daegu, South Korea
a weekend at the range with 1000 rounds for you beginners, then when a angry stray wanders onto your property, take it out. how does anyone on this forum deal with pests, like snails, rodents, or even bugs in your house? you kill it. im sure snails feel pain. i love animals too, but dont get confused. if i cant tie my dog out without worrying about a larger animal attacking him( dog, large cat, bear, possum, coon), im going wait outside and shoot it. if your animal gets loose, its your responsibility. what if your dog attacked a child while on his getaway? you will still be responsible. i was attacked by a rotti when i was 11. still have the scars, but i dont hate dogs. check your local laws. it might be unlawful to discharge a firearm in a residential area. bows and silencers are much quieter. and silencers are illegal

every animal control that iv talked to about picking up strays wont give you the time of day unless you have it contained somehow. even for a small puppy. when im on a roadtrip and see a stray on the side of a highway, i try to call it in, but theres no way im going to pull over and delay my trip to catch some strange animal and wait, i have more important things to do.

D. Hedington

AC Members
Sep 20, 2009
QLD
their cats mate, where I'm from, if a stray cat is a pest, or is overly agressive towarsds you, tuffin up and put on your steel caps, but dont use a **** air rifle, that'll only wouned them and be a long term death from infection.
you could report it to the humane society or whatever, and report a horder.
simple solution if you cant get help... make the cats fear you, your land.
just turn the tables.

D. Hedington

AC Members
Sep 20, 2009
QLD
just dont be cruel,, in such an extreme case to think of resorting to bows an stuff,
its plain stupid, unless your a top shot, dont try it

D. Hedington

AC Members
Sep 20, 2009
QLD
I never said dont shoot them, just use somthing that'll get them first shot.
but shooting in a suburban area would just atract attention you dont want.

7itanium

AC Members
Jan 31, 2009
Spokane, WA
I know its sad

but I would shoot it if it was threatening my family... not joking it would have a 22 shell in its head

sumthin fishy

I eat spam
Aug 22, 2005
central california
Real Name
mike
I wouldn't discount a good air rifle. Given, a daisy or red rider wouldn't even injure a snail at 10 paces. But some of the more powerful ones are deadly. The .22 calibre ones are legal for hunting certain game in California, and the .177 1,200 fps ones will rip through the scull of a small animal leaving a relativly good sized exit wound. (tried it on fresh roadkilled possum)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store