Idea for a shrimp tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
So I have an idea for a planted shrimp tank. I want to do it as cheap as possible (<60). I wont need a heater but am unsure if I need a filter or air stone. I was thinking a.

How about this tank?
or this one?

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Get a sponge filter, you will need a heater though if temp goes lower and get plants, plants and plants. Oh! Get sand not gravel, shrimp will love to dig in it,
Hhm. Ok thanks. It will be a gift to somebody but they keep their house at ~78 all the time. I have some leftover sand from my current tank so this works out great! Thanks sprinkle!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Great (!) YW! From my own experience, cherry shrimp really love java fern and limnophila sessiliflora, and it grows fast-er with ferts of whatever kind. Mkay, you don't need a heater then.
Ok I'll get those plants. Liquid ferts? Yeah, the are older so they keep their house warmer.

Reactions: Sprinkle

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I have planted shrimp tanks as well, you don't need a filter or air stone. Nor a heater, cherry shrimp are not tropical they can easily go to 50 degrees. I have had them at 55 they're still active as ever. Plants aren't limited by liquid fertilizer but first and foremost light and CO2.

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I have planted shrimp tanks as well, you don't need a filter or air stone. Nor a heater, cherry shrimp are not tropical they can easily go to 50 degrees. I have had them at 55 they're still active as ever.
Ok. no filter. Good to know. Um what size tank do you have them in?

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I was tkinking of doing it in one of these.
However, what could I do for light?

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store