Idea for a shrimp tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Reactions: CichlidFins

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
or this one. <sigh. Ttttttoooooo mmmmmaaannnny oooooppppttttiiiioooonnnnsss

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
Options for plants.
I was thinking:
hornwort
wisteria
Salvinia
x-mas moss
java moss
java fern
lucky baboo
and
maybe a moss ball

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
And this light.
This is just one big sales pitch word salad, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd claim it could open the door for you and make ice cubes, too. The "7000-7500K" one was much better.

• Haha
Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
This is just one big sales pitch word salad, I wouldn't be surprised if they'd claim it could open the door for you and make ice cubes, too. The "7000-7500K" one was much better.
haha. I like the price and I could always return it. If the other one was better thank i'll try that one first. :)

What do you think about this?

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I wouldn't bother with that red/blue spotlight... that's not serious.

This one is better, in true Led fashion they don't tell you anything, except it is 10 Watt. And:
"Color:White
This Led light are made of the high luminance LEDs.it is lighter than other plant light."

Ok.... :rolleyes:
It's better as the red/blue spotlight, but the first one is better. That one did at least have some specifications, and it was 7,5 watt or something, that is more than enough you don't want to overpower it on such a small tank.
Also you don't want to encourage bad business practices. What is the problem with telling people the truth, and good ol' factory specifications?

Amazoniantanklvr

AC Members
Feb 26, 2020
North America
I wouldn't bother with that red/blue spotlight... that's not serious.

This one is better, in true Led fashion they don't tell you anything, except it is 10 Watt. And:
"Color:White
This Led light are made of the high luminance LEDs.it is lighter than other plant light."

Ok.... :rolleyes:
It's better as the red/blue spotlight, but the first one is better. That one did at least have some specifications, and it was 7,5 watt or something, that is more than enough you don't want to overpower it on such a small tank.
Also you don't want to encourage bad business practices. What is the problem with telling people the truth, and good ol' factory specifications?
o k a y

I thought that seemed off

ok. I think it just seems too big.

agreed! :)

and this? (im bad with knowing about clip on lights. Although im decent with larger ones that are like 20"+. :)) https://www.amazon.com/Aquaneat-Aqu...um+plant+light+5+gallon&qid=1586552636&sr=8-5

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
The things Led lights do nowadays, it's just amazing! Look at this:
  • Two Mode: All lights on and All lights off
We never had that with incandescent or fluorescent bulbs !!
Seriously this is way worse, they don't even bother to mention energy consumption.
Because it has more Leds, and they say it is for 10 gallon, I'd say it is too much for a small tank. The 7000/7500k thing seems decent enough.

If this was a car, and the sales person went on about trivial stuff of mirrors and fabric and such, but didn't want to tell you what the gas milage was, would you buy it?

• Haha
Reactions: Amazoniantanklvr
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store