I'm feeling confused/defeated...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Omega

Clowning Around
Dec 29, 2005
Surrey, BC, Canada
OK Jiddle, based on your reaction to all the available fish to you, how about this selection?

3 moonlight gouramis (1m 2f)
2 red swordtails (1m 1f)
6 kuhli loaches
2 albino bristlenose plecos (1m 1f)
7 or 8 ghost cats

Anybody else, of course feel free to chime in too. :)

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
OK Jiddle, based on your reaction to all the available fish to you, how about this selection?

3 moonlight gouramis (1m 2f)
2 red swordtails (1m 1f)
6 kuhli loaches
2 albino bristlenose plecos (1m 1f)
7 or 8 ghost cats

Anybody else, of course feel free to chime in too. :)
Your female swordtail will be harassed to death. you could always go with one male.....

RazzleFish

AC Members
Oct 28, 2009

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
What about two females and one male to spread the aggression? Or do they need more than that?
I've heard mixed reports on male swordtail agression. Some people have even sugested 4 females per male. IME platys need 2 females per male, and platys are the closest relative to swordtails. Female platys and swordtails are nearly identical.

JiddleFish

AC Members
Aug 4, 2010
So everyone has given options but what have you decided?
Well, i think Im definately going to go with a few gouramis for sure. They are nice peaceful fish.. and I have found a few that I quite like.. I watched them in a tank for a while, and they were interested in me, as I was with them. They played with my finger when I traced it along the glass...
Im going to get a school of ghost fish.... probably around 7
I will get a few khuli loaches as well.... and couple plecos...
I think that is what I will do for now...... I dont wanna rush the decsion....

But last night I was thinking that maybe some cardinal tetras might look nice afterall.... but Im still undecided about that.

user_name

Senior_Member
May 23, 2010
Mass
Real Name
Cam
can't wait to see it finished! BioHazard has a few bristlenose plecs left I think. Go over to the buy/selll thread and check em out.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store