I'm really unhappy with the way my tank looks. Help!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

AngeTheDude

AC Members
May 22, 2009
Y'know... With the curtain of anacharis, the dark background would probably work.
This is what I was thinking. I figured when there were enough plants, then the betta would never see past them.

I kinda like the new placement of "skully"... he's watching meee! :D some java moss tucked in around the skull/wood and allowed to grow as a fringe/halo would be cool, too.
Yes! I'm just waiting till my java moss grows some more. I've had the same clump for a couple of months now and it hasn't really grown much at all. Anyone have tips on this?

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
For java moss, I fluff it up to clean out any crud and to get light to all parts. Is this in your tank? I now keep my java moss in a separate container with twice a week water changes. It's a slow grower in general... Watch for lighter green tips, this is new growth!

NegativeLogic

AC Members
Feb 12, 2010
Vancouver, BC
Yes! I'm just waiting till my java moss grows some more. I've had the same clump for a couple of months now and it hasn't really grown much at all. Anyone have tips on this?
I have a big clump of it attached to a cork so it floats and trails down like spanish moss. It's been growing pretty quickly since it's spread out and also very close to the light.

ampersand

AC Members
Mar 3, 2009
Philadelphia, PA, USA
You've got a nice shot of the tank with the cories mirrored in the center!

AngeTheDude

AC Members
May 22, 2009
UPDATE: One Year Later

Here's my tank a year ago:

And here it is today:

I got some more driftwood, split my anubias, added some things, removed some things, put in a black background and got a new heater. What say ye? Upgrade? Downgrade? Any ideas?

I also want to add some more plants. Any suggestions?

platytetrafan

AC Members
Jan 20, 2007
NY
I agree with a background but I would go with something more than just plain black or blue the LFS have many pretty backgrounds more plants definitely and rocks.

stoneyredneck

AC Members
Apr 22, 2011
looks great. really like those cories on the black substrate. I tend to like black backgrounds for sparsely planted tanks. If you were going to add plants then, I might choose a planted background scene just to add depth, but I think it is dope just the way it is.

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
i wasn't a fan of the skull, but now that i can't see it... i kinda miss it...

it looked kind of neat peeking out from under the wood. some moss attached to it would look good, like jbradt said

oo7genie

Hello my fintime gal...
Nov 18, 2010
Eugene, OR
Real Name
Rick
Did the anacharis not work out?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store