It’s not a fish but...

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I thought I’d share anyway, my daughter wanted a salamander so I ordered this guy, he arrived about 20 minutes ago and he’s looking good so far.

• Wow
Reactions: Sprinkle

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
Cool. I've never seen one of those. Do these guys keep the black on white color their entire life?

Years ago I caught two tiger salamanders at work, that I found in a puddle of water with a quite substantial amount of oil in it. I took them home, rinsed them off a good bit and they each grew from 6" to over 10". My oldest daughter loved them and they really became her pets. I don't remember how long we had them. We had both of them for years. I actually got them when she was one or two, and she was intrigued by them from day 1 as soon as she was old enough to notice.

WYite

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Cool. I've never seen one of those. Do these guys keep the black on white color their entire life?

Years ago I caught two tiger salamanders at work, that I found in a puddle of water with a quite substantial amount of oil in it. I took them home, rinsed them off a good bit and they each grew from 6" to over 10". My oldest daughter loved them and they really became her pets. I don't remember how long we had them. We had both of them for years. I actually got them when she was one or two, and she was intrigued by them from day 1 as soon as she was old enough to notice.

WYite
Yes, this guy is about 3/4 fulll size and the pattern will stay. It’s a marbled salamander, it’s a native salamander very similar to a tiger but only gets around 5” and lives in underground. Tigers are very cool, I had one back in the 90s but then I got married and I had a reptile/amphibian room at the time and had to decide on a few to keep, so I kept my pair of Argentine tegus.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Cool! Lizards, fishes, snakes, snails, spiders, bug and other critters are my faves! Im such a weird person! >~<
Lol I find all those interesting as well. There’s a few bugs/arachnids I wouldn’t mine keeping but the fam wouldn’t be able to sleep if I did

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Lol I find all those interesting as well. There’s a few bugs/arachnids I wouldn’t mine keeping but the fam wouldn’t be able to sleep if I did
Tho i like spiders and other bugs and critters, i will be afraid of those firebugs and spiders instead XD there are some poisonous species of spiders in UK, these will not kill but they surely do harm.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Tho i like spiders and other bugs and critters, i will be afraid of those firebugs and spiders instead XD there are some poisonous species of spiders in UK, these will not kill but they surely do harm.
I’m not a fan of venomous spiders either, but here in Arizona, we have lots. Scorpions, centipedes black widows, kissing bugs,fire and harvester ants, brown recluses just to name a few, so while i don’t like them i am comfortable around them

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I’m not a fan of venomous spiders either, but here in Arizona, we have lots. Scorpions, centipedes black widows, kissing bugs,fire and harvester ants, brown recluses just to name a few, so while i don’t like them i am comfortable around them
? <- mah face. I would get outta there immediately, would run for my life. Venomous critters are one of my top hated animals. Ofc excluding corys ;)
In UK we have Cardinal Spider (Tegenaria parietina) also called false widow spider , which is a venomous spider to us but it will not kill (ooooof) but is capable of causing either huge black holes or huge swelled up areas. So never say UK does not have dangerous critters ;)

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
? <- mah face. I would get outta there immediately, would run for my life. Venomous critters are one of my top hated animals. Ofc excluding corys ;)
In UK we have Cardinal Spider (Tegenaria parietina) also called false widow spider , which is a venomous spider to us but it will not kill (ooooof) but is capable of causing either huge black holes or huge swelled up areas. So never say UK does not have dangerous critters ;)
That sounds like what the recluse does. Most of those I mentioned don’t normally kill although they can, but from what I here, they’ll make you want to die lol
Check out coyote Peterson on YouTube doing the giant centipede, those probably scare me the most and I’ve seen them in my house a few times
I didn’t know corys were venomous, but makes sense, I know Rafaels are

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
That sounds like what the recluse does. Most of those I mentioned don’t normally kill although they can, but from what I here, they’ll make you want to die lol
Check out coyote Peterson on YouTube doing the giant centipede, those probably scare me the most and I’ve seen them in my house a few times
I didn’t know corys were venomous, but makes sense, I know Rafaels are
You mean Loxosceles reclusa right?
No, the species you mentioned will not kill if given for the venom, yes. You surely would want to die after such bite xd. Camel spiders, they can kill from what i know. Brazilian wondering spider is the most venomous spider in the world apparentely, seen videos/news with them travelling on bananas :eek: now this is very bogey man scary lol.
Go check out house centipede (if you meant this one), its venomous and scary (i hate the look of them grr). Ill check the guy out later ?
Yeah, corys are venomous as well. All of them i believe so id rather not pet them like you would do with dojos lol (theyre no cats or dogs! ;)). So think now why they do not have natural predators? Although they dont use their venom unless provoked, intimidated or attacked.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store