List of things aquarists should have on hand

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

SubRosa

AC Members
Jul 3, 2009
Anybody worth their salt (pun intended) knows that if you overdose iodine in a reef tank the quick fix is to use some chlorine neutralizer. Iodine and chlorine are closely related elements and react chemically quite similarly. The iodine is neutralized along with the chlorine.

jpierce3

AC Members
Aug 1, 2011
Western Ohio
I have used iodized and non-iodized without problem. I also have 4 huge cartons of Dr. Wellfish Aquarium salt and I don't know where they came from or why I have that many, but I'll use it if I need it.

jpierce3

AC Members
Aug 1, 2011
Western Ohio
Another post just made me think of something else. I remembered a few times needing a quarantine tank and didn't have enough set up so I would just throw one up where ever I could. Then I got smart and

Empty Rubbermaid Bin- Quick and easy way with a simple sponge filter and pump to set up a quarantine tank. It also works great if you have to break down and move large aquariums with lots of fish or larger fish. Have to break down a rock wall of 300lbs of rock for that prized African show tank, keep it all wet so you don't kill off bacteria and have a mini cycle. They will bow like crazy if over loaded, but work well in a pinch.

Fozzybear

wocka wocka wocka!
Mar 16, 2011
Alaska
Real Name
Ellis
Did anybody cover scissors? I've got about 3 pairs on every one of my tank stand since I always need some and can never find them.

jpierce3

AC Members
Aug 1, 2011
Western Ohio
Did anybody cover scissors? I've got about 3 pairs on every one of my tank stand since I always need some and can never find them.
That's a good one! I have a pair that is for fish only.

dundadundun

;sup' dog? ;woof and a wwwoof!
Jan 21, 2009
S.E. PA
disinfectant/antibacterial hand soap
peroxide
bleach
poly batting/fill
bulbs

indigoca

AC Members
Nov 21, 2007
Riverside, CA. USA
Real Name
Sharri
Thank you for the backscratcher tip Brilliant! Mines wood and floats when drop it I used to hate when I dropped my metal rake! I'm too short so I'd have to climb the ladder then fish it out getting wet to the shoulder hehe
Another must have is an extra box of mister clean erasers, unflavored *grin* love these things!

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I lost a $350 breeding group of wild-caught A. stuartgranti bi-colors that were amazing looking. Lost a bunch of F1 Maylandia estherae that had the blue males and red-orange females, a wild-caught group of Lab. "Hongi" and about 200 fry to 1 inchers. About 300 yellow labs all sizes and all the females. A huge group of Lab. "perlmutts." The list goes on and on.
Thats a BIG toilet, or a lot of flushing. What did you do with all those fish?

I have a couple spare car batteries and a dc to ac inverter that I would probably use to run heater and filter for my 10g and the heater for my betta. If i ever needed to.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store