Music from my generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Mark Freuder Knopfler (born 12 August 1949) is a British songwriter, guitarist, and record producer. He was the lead guitarist, singer, and songwriter for the rock band Dire Straits, which he co-founded with his younger brother, David Knopfler, in 1977.
The song Coyote is off Mark Knoplfer's third solo album; 2002's The Ragpicker's Dream. Coyote is a song told from the proud point of view of the Road Runner from Warner Brother's classic Looney Tunes.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
The vid is very recent, but the couple who wrote and performed it are definitely from my generation.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
She was good way back when

She was still good in the 90s, here is a 57 minute full concert -

Reactions: Rbishop

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Awesome artist.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
A VERY rare live television performance by Les Paul and Mary Ford. Most musical performances on TV in the 1950's were Milli Vanilli-esque lip-synched affairs so this is a real gem. Les and Mary perform "There's No Place Like Home" with some classic add libbing, especially from Les. Mary Ford was a fine guitarist in her own right and that fact is ably demonstrated here. Watch for when Les goes wild and breaks his high E string. Mary is about to punish him when... Well, watch the video.

If you do not know who Les Paul is, Google him...

Among his many honors, Paul is one of a handful of artists with a permanent, stand-alone exhibit in the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame.[8] He is prominently named by the music museum on its website as an "architect" and a "key inductee" with Sam Phillips and Alan Freed.[9] Les Paul is the only person to be included in both the Rock and Roll Hall of Fame and the National Inventors Hall of Fame.[10]
Lovely

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Mark Freuder Knopfler OBE (/ˈnɒpflər/ NOP-flər; born 12 August 1949) is a British singer-songwriter, guitarist, and record producer. He was the lead guitarist, singer, and songwriter for the rock band Dire Straits, which he co-founded with his younger brother, David Knopfler, in 1977. He was born in Glasgow, Scotland and raised near Newcastle upon Tyne, England.........

Described by Classic Rock as a virtuoso,[3] Knopfler is a fingerstyle guitarist and was ranked 27th on Rolling Stone's list of the "100 Greatest Guitarists of All Time".[4]
Put this on the next time you are spending a few hours in your fish room, I hope you can dance and change water at the same time. Or listen to it just because you want to hear a great concert.

Reactions: Rbishop
Apr 2, 2002
New York
I just can't get away from the slide guitarists. A little more Ry. He was on the music scene in the 1960s but did not go solo until the 70s. He was born just under a year after I was.
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ry_Cooder
From "Ry Cooder & The Moula Banda Rhythm Aces: Let's Have A Ball", a film by Les Blank taped at The Catalyst, Santa Cruz, CA on March 25'th 1987. SONG DOWN IN HOLLYWOOD, EXCELLENCE THEME !!!
Enjoy

Apr 2, 2002
New York
For the many folks now on this site who do not know me, I have been working with B&W Hypancistrus since I started with a proven breeding group of zebra plecos in April 2006. Over the years I have tried to help newcomers to these great fish learn about their behavior. I explain that when a dad is on a new spawn he will be at the back of the cave and will make a great effort to prevent one from shining a flashlight into the cave and seeing the eggs or wigglers. I tell people there is a great behavioral clue you can look for to be able to infer that the dad is indeed on new ooffspring. "You will see the dad do the "Bump, Bounce. Boogie" at regular interavls to keep the eggs/wigglers clean and the cave well oxygenated. Here is the origin of the "Bump, Bounce, Boogie" from 1975.

And I can't leave this at one song.....

That song was a cover of the original released in 1955 ( I was only 7 then.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store