Music from my generation

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Apr 2, 2002
New York
Written by Al Green and guitarist Mabon "Teenie" Hodges, this song was first released on Green's 1972 album I'm Still in Love with You, but wasn't released as a single until 1977 when an edited version landed on the bottom end of the Soul charts at #92 and the Pop charts at #103.

I think I already posted this one, but it's always worth hearing again.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
I miss vinyl records. They sounded so much richer than digital, imo. But then I still think the best amp I ever heard was the old McIntosh tube amps.

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Whenever the Stones, U2, Clapton etc, etc found themselves anywhere near Meridian, Mississippi, they'd go see this guy play along with his son-in-law and the juke joint's dishwasher.
Incredible guitar work from someone many have never heard of.

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
and here's a nice Boz Scaggs (ft. Duane Allman) cover of Fenton Robinson's "Somebody Loan Me a Dime" from 1969. IMHO, this is the best track Boz Scaggs ever committed to vinyl. Fenton's album of the same name was released some years later, but it's still his song popularized by this track.
Fenton's version is also very good, if not far afield from this one.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Sorry, I was never a Boz fan. My introduction to the blues was in the 1960s. I was in college in Washington, D.C. but we would drive up to NYC to buy smokable items. Our connection used to tune into the Columbia Univ. radio station which featured a blues show of all the blues folks born before my time.

from 1944

A lot of folks think this was a song by the Rolling Stones, only if they were playing in 1937

From 1933

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Dang, TTA some awesome vids, many I know, but we're going to need a music night soon to hear some of you selections.

We lived in the Boston area in the 90s & love seeing some of the "old timers" like Eric Burden, Johnny Rivers etc. at the Hatch Shell for free...good times!

Apr 2, 2002
New York
It was in the mid 1970s when I was working in my sound company days. It was a cold winter weekend and our company found itself doing multiple gigs in multiple states. One of these was a Queen cover band and they were performing in Boston. Our company was based in S. Windsor, CT. So on a Sunday evening I headed up towards Boston in our large roll-up back door bread truck to pick up one of my partners and the equipment for the weekend shows.

We were coming home late at night and it was snowing. Our van had a faulty gas gauge and neither of us were dressed for a snow storm. And you guessed it, we ran out of gas, Fortunately this was on Route 84 near where had spent a summer living right by Ashford Lake. So we knew there was a motel about 2 miles behind were we had stopped. So we set off walking. We almost froze to death before we got there. So in honor of that and the chance to post more little Feat Tunes...

from 1972 Sailin Shoes Album

from 1979 Down on the farm Album/

Apr 2, 2002
New York
One of the things I like about Youtube is one can hear the same song by different artists or over time or both.

"Rock and Roll Music" is a song written and recorded by rock and roll pioneer Chuck Berry. It has been widely covered and is recognized as one of Berry's most popular and enduring compositions.

The Beatles performed the song in many of their early Hamburg shows, and also played it live on the BBC 12/26/1964.

The Beach Boys' version includes the use of backing vocals which repeat the phrase "Rock, roll, rockin' and roll".There is a difference between the LP version and the single version in that the LP version has more synthesizer.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
What can you do with the Beatles Abbey Road and 3 balls?

And still one of the best album sides ever recorded.

Apr 2, 2002
New York
Another bit of Ry Cooder. Meet the band and get to hear some great solos.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store