My 30 gallon N.American darter tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

toddnbecka

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
Cumberland, MD 21502
I've been thinking about doing a darter tank in the spare 29 lurking in the basement. I have an aquaclear 110 powerhead that would create quite a heavy current in that size tank, just need some pvc to build the manifold for it.

cam191919

AC Members
Apr 8, 2008
Tallahassee FL
iv got a single swamp darter in a 20 long, im always in the creeks around here iv never found a single darter. the one i have came from a lfs feeder shrimp tank aka random natives tank

Bart G

AC Members
Jan 15, 2010
Some updated pics. I shut the filters off to get some better pics. Too many tiny bubbles. I added the moss wall after my x-mas moss showed up. I wish I had used black but the brown mesh seemed fine and darker out of the water. That stuff is growing so slow. Ugh.

I have yet to add any darters to the tank yet but there are a few shiners in there. I wish they would stay that small.:)

That blue thing on the left hob filter is being replaced, just waiting for the silicone to dry.

This stuff pretty much died back but it's growing all of these green shoots. I'm interested to see what they do.

Some river slate I collected at a local creek.

Bart G

AC Members
Jan 15, 2010
Thanks, it still has lots of growing to do. So if all goes according to plan, I'm headed to Virginia to meet up with a friend for some darter collecting. I'll post some pics in this thread. These aren't my pics, just ones I ganked off the net but I thought i'd share anyway. Here are some of what I hope to keep.

Rainbow darter

Roanoke darter

Fantail darter

Stripeback darter

Shield darter

Inka4040

O_o
Mar 31, 2008
Real Name
The Silver Slanket
Gorgeous setup! Can't believe I missed this thread for so long!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store