My 300 gallon lobster tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

clayt101

Registered Abuser
I don't think that the ick would be the result of the cypress knees. It probably came from the newly aquired fish. Slowly crank up the heat to 85 degrees for a few days, and that will take care of the ick.

As for the cypress, it's really never good to get fresh knees for 2 reasons (that I can think of). First is that it could leach chemicals into the water and hurt the fish, as in the above link. Second, is that fresh cypress knees are cut from living trees, and I believe if the cypress tree loses all it's knees, it will die (not 100% certain on this). That being said, I have 4 knees in my aquarium that have been dead for a long time (ie driftwood), and I will only use cypress in my tanks. I am not trying to preach.

Your set up looks great. Hope all goes well.

it's got a charm to it! i'm loving that wood and those turtles are tooo cute!

fishman1979

Suffers from MTS
Feb 7, 2006
Aldan, PA
very nice tank.

mee-mee

my baby...RUSTY
Mar 2, 2007
MN..state bird:: mosquito
Just like Aaron89 said "I cant think of anything to say also...except...

wow.....:)

ReignsAngel

AC Members
Nov 17, 2006
Ft. Walton Beach, FL.
I couldn't tell from the pictures you put up. So I'm asking. ;) Do the turtles have basking platforms? May I see pics please? I always like to see how fellow turtle owners have their areas set up. :idea:

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store