My 55g tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
darkredtigr.deviantart.com
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I taken off the old broken leaves off my vals and they have to growing new leaves and spreading along the back of my tank. I added some more rocks, wood and plants from my 6.5 gallon tank I had to tear down. The extra rocks crated more caves for my crazy pictus catfish to explore, he has grown fast since I gotten him months ago. I believe he’s now full grown at 5”, ignores my tetras completely and inhales shrimp pellets I feed him. His mouth is big enough to eat my black neons, but he hasn’t even gone after any of them.

I do have three female HM bettas in the tank along with a male Koi HMPK betta, he’ll chase them off when they get to close, but he doesn’t do anything to harm them. I keep a close eye on them, none of them are showing any signs of stress. Always out and about and active as can be. I know its not a good idea to keep a male with females, but so far no issues.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
This morning my tank had burst, I managed to get my fish out before it fully drained. But it went through the floor and leaked into the living room beneath me. I think it had drained about 25 gallons onto my floor, managed to siphon out the remaining water into a 30 gallon tote and threw my fish into it. i’m upset, it was fine yesterday and before going to bed.

• Sad
Reactions: dudley

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
That's terrible, I'm so sorry to hear that. You mean the glass burst or a seam? At least you were still able to save the fish, the only thing worse is finding them dead in the tank.

Vincenia

AC Members
Dec 11, 2011
Blairstown, New Jersey
Real Name
Kayla
Camera Used
IPhone 12 Pro Max
I was lucky to be home when it went. I have to remove the gravel to see where it broke. I think it was the bottom panel, won’t be sure till i remove the gravel. My dad is taking my fish, my stepmom is taking my plants, wood and one fish. Going to sell the tank off as a reptile tank cause I can’t afford a new tank.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store