• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

My 55g tank

Vincenia

AC Members
I really don’t want to keep the goldfish in the 37g for to much longer, even though they are still around 3-4”. They need to be moved soon.

I been put back on regular duty at work by the doctor(provided by workers comp) even though I told him I was still in pain. I can lift up to 3 gallons of water but a full 5 gallons I barely can. Not sure how much longer my shoulder will be out for maybe a few more weeks to months.

fishorama

AC Members
Health or other limitations can make us have a "rethink" on how many or how well we can keep any tanks. This is 1 reason I tend to keep a lighter stocking than is "possible" & go with what can be sustained when & if "stuff happens"...it can & does :(

I'm sorry you're having issues, especially painful 1s. There's an in between "optimal" tank care" & "this is the minimal I can do right now". Hopefully you'll get better soon, do what you can. Fingers crossed for you

Vincenia

AC Members
I might add water slowly over the course of this week, I lift heavier things at work which makes it worse. 2-3 half full buckets might be fine for me to handle.

The goldfish are doing really well, happily eating and active. I have an AC 70 running on my 37g along with a bubbler. I been slowly working on the 55g the past few weeks. It sits high since it’s on a dresser.

fishorama

AC Members
I'm "old" but mostly healthy , I can't lift 5+ g of water on a good day. Do what you can. I have a Python for refills, that helps...as does my husband.

Vincenia

AC Members
I have to go up and down stairs to use the bathtub to fill my bucket. The tub that’s upstairs can’t be used due to leaking pipes. I might pick up a short hose to fill the bucket via the upstairs sink.

This is how far I’ve had gotten. There’s about two inches of water over the gravel, so there’s about 5 gallons in the tank currently.
50F86FD3-25DD-49C3-87AF-FC4536C89871.jpeg

Vincenia

AC Members
I been filling my 5 gallon bucket half way and that doesn’t bother me that much. A full 5 gallon bucket are doable if I’m not in pain, but if I do full buckets the way my arm is now I will be hurting for days. Half buckets I can do, it’ll take twice as many trips up and down stairs, but it’s worth it in the end.

Vincenia

AC Members
I am finally in the process of refilling the tank. Just a couple more buckets and till I can get the filter running. I saved the biomax from my old AC50 filter and kept it in a tank and two bio foam pads to help cycle the tank and seed the new filter. The Emperor filter has two extra media holders that I put the biomax and foam into. I will post a photo once the tank is full. I broke the glass tops to my tank, so there is no cover on the tank.

Vincenia

AC Members
My 55g is now up and running again after such a long while. It has been up for about two months this month. I have a Marineland Emperor 400 on the tank, may add another filter later if I need to. I do a 5 gallon w/c every other day.
Current stock: (all added slowly)
A pair of Keyhole Cichlids
8 Black phantom tetras
10 neons(8 black neons)
3 zebra loaches and 2 kuhli loaches
3 mollys
1 pictus catfish
1 Bolivian ram

The neons and kuhli loaches were from the 20 long, they seem far more active. Now just adding plants and may pick up a few otos. May move the Mollys to the 20 long.

Vincenia

AC Members
06490E19-E0DD-4961-92DA-07FD8F29313B.jpeg
Please excuse the algae covered back glass, I had just removed it. This is just a picture I took a few days ago. I’m currently in the process of getting plants mostly large anubias. amazon swords, and java fern. May add some more stem plants.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store