My fish are gone.. =(

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
Status
Not open for further replies.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Yup, if bullets have to land somewhere blanks will certainly scare the crap out of them. Leave your gate open and hide, and when they enter confront them, and when they run POW POW goes the blanks. People cant keep there mouth shuts and word is bound to get around that someone "almost got shot"
Hmm, didn't think about blanks.. maybe rubber bullets, too.

Mr. U

Can I have a cookie...pweeeze?
Oct 18, 2006
California Central Coast
Mthe rocks that are all around the pond are knocked in, the plants in there are ripped up, they net covering it is gone and the garden around the pond has been stepped all over, alot of the plants are really messed up...
Do you live in a city or rural area? I believe you may have had raccoons visit your pond. You are describing the same scene I found one day with my backyard pond. They always leave a mess when looking for something to eat.:wall:

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Hmm, didn't think about blanks.. maybe rubber bullets, too.
No rubber - too close, too much damage. Bird shot (sand, really), 2 barrels of it. At anything resembling close range, good, but shallow penetration. Non lethal, but will have the perp picking sand out of self for hours and hours.

Personally, I'm thinking more large dogs, invisible fence/training...

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Do you live in a city or rural area? I believe you may have had raccoons visit your pond. You are describing the same scene I found one day with my backyard pond. They always leave a mess when looking for something to eat.:wall:
City... I don't think raccoons would steal my net(s) though :p:(or reach down 2.5'-3' deep)

ITHURTZ

BIG BOSS
Apr 19, 2007
Lake County IL (north of cook)
Its bull**** how the owner can defend themselves and their property and still get in trouble. Why cant I beat the crap out of them if they come trespassing? Id do it anyway, knock them out and drive them 50 miles away to a corn field and go back home. Maybe they will think twice. OR for jokes have a hole in your yard and tell him to put lotion on his skin;)

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
No rubber - too close, too much damage. Bird shot (sand, really), 2 barrels of it. At anything resembling close range, good, but shallow penetration. Non lethal, but will have the perp picking sand out of self for hours and hours.

Personally, I'm thinking more large dogs, invisible fence/training...
lol sounds like a plan :D

The thing with an invisible fence is other dogs can go after yours, there are quite a few scarred up dogs around here(poor babies) that I'm sure are for fighting, and would tear my little ones up, or a small friendly dog would get eaten by my shepherd, a child could come in my yard ect. ect...

kimmisc

is in your closet.
Mar 12, 2007
Florence, SC
My pond is empty.. someone had to have taken them.. the rocks that are all around the pond are knocked in, the plants in there are ripped up, they net covering it is gone and the garden around the pond has been stepped all over, alot of the plants are really messed up... I had:
3 beautiful koi around 10"
2 shubunkins(one was my first fish)
4 comets, 2 were sarasa
I recently brought one of my comets in because he had a fishing hook with a sinker in his mouth(I guess that was someone's idea of funny).. so he's still here, and one of my babies from last year.
But everyone else is gone..

We've had alot of our things stolen, (dirtbike/things out of our car ect. ect) but to have loved pets taken is horrible :(

The only fish worth anything in $ were the koi, which makes me think this was someone who knew how much I loved my pets and is just trying to hurt me.
When I was little, my cat was missing for a few days, came back with a note hooked to it's collar, "We got your cat high," and the cat died within a day.

Numerous dogs poisoned, and one rabbit released and beaten to death with a lawn mower blade.

With neighbors like that, it's pointless to try and keep outdoor pets. As long as you live where you are, with those things happening, you probably should just stick with indoor pets.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
When I was little, my cat was missing for a few days, came back with a note hooked to it's collar, "We got your cat high," and the cat died within a day.

Numerous dogs poisoned, and one rabbit released and beaten to death with a lawn mower blade.

With neighbors like that, it's pointless to try and keep outdoor pets. As long as you live where you are, with those things happening, you probably should just stick with indoor pets.
That's horrible.. I had one of my cat's beaten to death by the looks of her when I found her.. she was a baby at the time, spayed, fat and very friendly.. people make me sick.

And the cat I have now was shot through his shoulder, he's indoor 90% of the time now(he slips past us sometimes.. but normally runs right back in).

We probably will only set our pond back up after we've found some way to keep anyone away from it, motion sensing sprinklers and lights probably.

bettagurl

Colby's Pincher (24X)
Aug 5, 2006
va
Ah, I forgot to add I found rat poison in my yard yesterday... they're trying to get rid of our dogs so they'll have a free shot at our garage/house again.

Status
Not open for further replies.
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store