MY FISH LOST ITS EYES

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Eclipse_sky

AC Members
Feb 17, 2011
Wait. Is it still eating? Is it acting funny? Fish can survive blind. My friend has a blind iradecent shark that is blind and 14 years old. If it's not suffering it may survive.

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
personally, I would keep him, especially seeing that he ate. He may be hanging in a corner to adjust to his new unfortunate circumstance, who knows. What is important though is what else is in the tank, if you are absolutely sure he didn't lose his eye to pecking (which is not so uncommon for barbs and tetras in establishing order), your next need is to find out if it was due to an infection. For a fish to one day appear with no eyes though, screams pecking to me.

Keep an eye on him, if he continues to eat, he may adjust to his surroundings and be able to handle things as a blind barb. It's all your feeling on it though.

Again, if it was me and since he ate, I would save the Eugenol for another day.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
I'd give him a chance...

Eclipse_sky

AC Members
Feb 17, 2011
I agree with dangerdoll. If he's not suffering or starving then there's no reason to euthanize if he can live comfortably. Keep us updated.

btimmer30

AC Members
Mar 3, 2011
Ok, remember when i said he has some white fuzz, well i was wrong, his scales are falling off... :( what do i do about that?

Iam pretty sure its not pecking. he has been living peacefully with the other fish for a long time, plus I think the disease caused it.

I will post a pic if I can

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store