My L-144 Project

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

pinkertd

May 29, 2007
New Jersey
Real Name
Debbi
L144 females do not get bristles on their mouths. So if you see little bristle stubs across the whole front of the mouth.....it is a male.

I don't know what variety of bristlenose females get actual bristles, but I've not seen it in calico, albino or brown, including pucallpa, either. I know there are a couple of less common varieties that do get them, but they are rarely seen.

GEV83

Top Dog!!!
Jun 19, 2002
LA County, California
Real Name
Gabriel (Gabe)
Oh ok. Ive seen pics of some BN Plecos and some females had small bristles like very small. Oh well should assume all BN's are the same as far as females with bristles

Temptress

Total Newbie
Mar 12, 2009
Minnesota
Temptress, sounds like you might already have a pair. :D Makes me jealous...lol.
Right, but I am still hoping to do some trading with you.. I hope those are still your plans too.. I want to do my best to strengthen this species.. even if they all go back to one dad and daughter lol

jamesstill84

Curiosity salted the snail!
Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Definitely Temptress. That's still the plan. :D

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Those look great!

jamesstill84

Jan 2, 2009
Winchester, Kentucky
Hahaha. Mine don't much on the driftwood so much. But they're pretty much all over the tank. They LOVE snail jello though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store