My luck finally ran out (ich)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Snagrio

AC Members
Dec 15, 2020
Question is if I go with medication, do I need to lower the temperature back to normal?

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Question is if I go with medication, do I need to lower the temperature back to normal?
I would lower it some but still keep it higher since ich can really only be killed in the free swimming stage. So that would speed up the lifecycle and kill them quicker. When I used Nox Ich, I still raised my temps to around 82-83f.

Wyomingite

Fish Wrangler
Oct 16, 2008
Wonderful Windy Wyoming
Real Name
Ivan
I would lower it some but still keep it higher since ich can really only be killed in the free swimming stage. So that would speed up the lifecycle and kill them quicker. When I used Nox Ich, I still raised my temps to around 82-83f.
+1

WYite

Reactions: Sprinkle

Snagrio

AC Members
Dec 15, 2020
I ordered some Seachem Paraguard today (apparently brick and mortars don't sell it period which is a little annoying).

Also took the best pics I possibly could of the spots I'm suspicious of.
IMG_20210407_155541120_LI.jpg
IMG_20210407_160000993_LI.jpg

I don't know what the weird squiggly line on the second fish's tail is. It's been there for a while now and I haven't really seen the dots pictured go away or "come back" either so I'm not sure if they're just blemishes at this point.

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
I ordered some Seachem Paraguard today (apparently brick and mortars don't sell it period which is a little annoying).

Also took the best pics I possibly could of the spots I'm suspicious of.
View attachment 229614
View attachment 229615

I don't know what the weird squiggly line on the second fish's tail is. It's been there for a while now and I haven't really seen the dots pictured go away or "come back" either so I'm not sure if they're just blemishes at this point.
The pics are not the best, but pic two looks like possible ich and I’m not sure about pic one. Even if it is ich hanging around, your meds should knock out the rest. Maybe someone else can confirm one way or another, bad eyes and blurry pics are not the best combo lol

Reactions: Sprinkle

Snagrio

AC Members
Dec 15, 2020
The pics are not the best, but pic two looks like possible ich and I’m not sure about pic one. Even if it is ich hanging around, your meds should knock out the rest. Maybe someone else can confirm one way or another, bad eyes and blurry pics are not the best combo lol
All I have is a mediocre phone camera and the fish constantly move so they're the best I can take.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, trying not to sound too ******y, but I did say you need real meds not just a bit of heat. Yes, those couple dots still look like ich. You've goofed around enough...I think it's your persistant water changing/vacuuming that's been helping, good show! But you're not done! Now you've picked a med...& still you have 10-14 days after that works...Don't stop now!!

Snagrio

AC Members
Dec 15, 2020
Well, trying not to sound too ******y, but I did say you need real meds not just a bit of heat. Yes, those couple dots still look like ich. You've goofed around enough...I think it's your persistant water changing/vacuuming that's been helping, good show! But you're not done! Now you've picked a med...& still you have 10-14 days after that works...Don't stop now!!
Goofed around? I wouldn't call what I've been doing "goofing around." I've been doing the best I can here. ?

FishAddict74

AC Members
Dec 8, 2020
Goofed around? I wouldn't call what I've been doing "goofing around." I've been doing the best I can here. ?
+1
Not trying to start a sh**storm but heat does work. We all have our preferred methods but I’ve had great success using heat. It started when I was Reef keeping and medication for wasn’t an option. I agree that for a qt, medication is better, but heat is very effective most of the time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store