My Mum

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

captaincaveman9

Innocent and Pure!
Oct 2, 2006
Dallas, TX
Real Name
Steve
SO good to hear Janey. Glad to see you a little less stressed too :)

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Thanks CCM :)

Finally i have some better news,mum went into the nursing home today,i went to see her tonight,she was in bed but looked so comfy,she was actually in a proper sleeping position. She was very tired,but they say she has been very settled so far.I have cried tears of relief ,just so happy to have her out of hospital.Her scar on her hip has healed completely,which is great too.She'll have a better quality of care now,more one to one and stimulation too.I felt totally relaxed when i left her,she's in a nice place and i'm happy.The last 7 weeks have been hard,but i feel like i can relax now,knowing she is well cared for and only 5 mins away.
Thankyou everyone for your thoughts and prayers and love,you guys are great :)

BioHazard

Here and There
Mar 15, 2009
PA
Thanks CCM :)

Finally i have some better news,mum went into the nursing home today,i went to see her tonight,she was in bed but looked so comfy,she was actually in a proper sleeping position. She was very tired,but they say she has been very settled so far.I have cried tears of relief ,just so happy to have her out of hospital.Her scar on her hip has healed completely,which is great too.She'll have a better quality of care now,more one to one and stimulation too.I felt totally relaxed when i left her,she's in a nice place and i'm happy.The last 7 weeks have been hard,but i feel like i can relax now,knowing she is well cared for and only 5 mins away.
Thankyou everyone for your thoughts and prayers and love,you guys are great :)
SO glad to hear this! Thank you for keeping us updated!:thm:

Dangerdoll

Global Moderator
Aug 27, 2002
Roselle Park, NJ
aquariacentral.com
Real Name
Cori
oh Jane, I have missed this thread completely... wow, like Jon said, wjat a roller coaster ride you've been on.... I am so sorry for all the heartache but am glad you have finally found relief and that your mom is in the place that you wanted her to be in. You said she was in a sleeping position, she is tired, I would venture to say she is exhausted from the hospital experience alone. I am so happy she is doing better!

{{{{{{{{{{{Janey}}}}}}}}}}

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Thanks Bio :)

Thankyou so much DD,you're right when you say she was exhausted.Been to see her today,the difference is amazing,she's just so much more calmer and relaxed.It's good to be able to get through a day with no tears.

Que

I wish I was a fish I wish.
Feb 15, 2007
Southern Berkshire county, MA
Real Name
Ken
Camera Used
cell phone
I'm just reading this now Jane. Sorry to hear of your worries and troubles. I'm glad they've eased up and your Mum is doing better. Hang in there.

Q

janewalsh11

AC Members
Jun 30, 2007
uk
Thanks Que :)

I guess i just have to accept the situation as it is,mum has no quality of life whatsoever,she spends her time in a recliner chair,so she's in a position where she can't fall out.Basically just staring upwards and to the the side of her.It breaks my heart to see her like this.She doesn't really respond very much,an occasional smile,she tries to talk but for some reason her speech deteriorated in the last few weeks.Also her swallowing isn't great now either,she has been assessed and they say it's very poor so eating takes ages when they feed her,she has to have this stuff in every drink too,it makes her drinks thicker and therefore no danger of going into her lungs.If she gets to the point where she can't swallow then she will have a feeding tube in her tummy.

All i can say is she is very well cared for,warm,safe and wants for nothing,we have done our best for her.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store