Mystery Snail Eggs

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

johney66

Sep 13, 2011
Arlington, TX.
Real Name
Johney
The goldfish ate some of them. I haven't seen a clutch in... maybe a couple months. (And I accidentally squished one, oops!) I might just have one sex left.. will just have to watch I guess.
Though I did just see two of them tangoing before I came in lol. You may get another clutch then, since the time of you posted this you should have had one if your going to get one though however the females can store the males seaman for months... Good luck!

Hope u get some snails! Thank you! Still no luck on that though:mad:! Still getting clutches, just none hatching. I think I'm going to get a few more snails and see what happens...

I luv that ferret pic. One of my sister's second ferret's was an alibino and she was sooo sweet! Unlike her first one that chewed on everyone lol. She was hypoglycimic or something though and had frequent seizures as she got older. :( She's in the pet graveyard outback.
Sorry you lost yours too. Thank you!
:OT:As ferrets get older they typically get things like insulinoma, adrenal disease, hypoglycemia and such. It is more prevalent in the ferrets from the big breeding farms like Marshalls due to the inbreeding. They are trying to fix that though by bringing in new stock. Hypoglycemia can also be caused by feeding human food especially fruits due to the high sugar content. We lost 2 ferrets this year, the one in the avatar to lung cancer and another to lymphoma and have 2 now battling adrenal disease and 3 others thank God doing fine for now. There a lot of fun! All of them are rescues.
If you want to see them you can see videos at 82monkeyloves's YouTube channel: http://www.youtube.com/user/82monkeylover We only have 6 videos uploaded right now. I will be creating an album of ferret pics on my profile page (even though this is a fish forum lol) I just haven't had the time...
I'm going to stop here because I feel bad for hijacking this thread and being off topic and I don't want anyone to get mad.:p:

Last edited:

Alasse

AC Members
Oct 21, 2011
QLD, Australia
Real Name
Rebecca
I float some foam in the tank and move all my apple snail egg clusters onto there, they just float around until they hatch, when they hatch they just crawl to the edge and drop into the water

johney66

Sep 13, 2011
Arlington, TX.
Real Name
Johney
I float some foam in the tank and move all my apple snail egg clusters onto there, they just float around until they hatch, when they hatch they just crawl to the edge and drop into the water
I have an "incubator" that floats in the tank but I will try your way too ( I have no shortage of clutches!), that's a good idea, thanks!

luvmysnails

AC Members
Oct 31, 2011
I have a gold mystery snail that has been laying eggs. Her first clutch is set to hatch anytime acording to what i've read. The look of the clutch has not changed since she laid it so i can not tell what is happening. She has five clutches, one slid off the glass and i found it floating on top of the water. I had a betta leaf so i put it just above the water and laid them on it. I realy want the baby snails but have no idea what i am doing the first, second, fourth and fifth clutches seem ok.

johney66

Sep 13, 2011
Arlington, TX.
Real Name
Johney
I have a gold mystery snail that has been laying eggs. Her first clutch is set to hatch anytime acording to what i've read. 3 to 4 wks but it can be a little longer...
The look of the clutch has not changed since she laid it so i can not tell what is happening. It should get little dark spots in each egg as they mature. From what I understand the first few clutches can also be "practice clutches" also.
She has five clutches, one slid off the glass and i found it floating on top of the water. If you found it floating there may be something wrong with it since in my experience they sink when they slide into the tank, I had several do it and they all sank.
I had a betta leaf so i put it just above the water and laid them on it. Good call!
I realy want the baby snails but have no idea what i am doing Don't feel bad, neither do I. Lol.
the first, second, fourth and fifth clutches seem ok. Good luck, I hope you get some!
After about 20 clutches from 4 different snails I finally had a clutch hatch out :clap:. They are sooo tiny and cute! :)

luvmysnails

AC Members
Oct 31, 2011
Thanks for the help i have felt helpless with them since no one i know even likes them let alone feels like i do. My husband says i care more about my snails than i do my fish. He is right they each have their own personality and habbits. I have a gold mystery, a blue mystery and a plain one. I also have a Tiger nerite, a zebra nerite and a horned nerite. Always looking for unusal ones.

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
female apple snails can lay eggs without them being fertile, so that is a possibility with your clutches not hatching.

i always just left my clutches be for the most part, and had no issues at all with them hatching out nicely. the one time i moved clutches to a floating apparatus in my tank, it seemed my hatch rate wasn't as high.

luvmysnails

AC Members
Oct 31, 2011
I had another clutch that looked like it was falling off (part of it was missing and it was hanging down ) I made the incubator and went to take it down and it just started falling apart and into the tank. Yes it did sink! i grab what i could and put it in the incubator. Did i just kill my first batch of snails? Some fell to the bottom and others got eaten. They have black spots in the ones i saved. In the future should i just leave them alone? This one was batch number 5. There are conflicting reports out there as to hatch times. When should i decide that the other batches are no good. It realy hurts to think i may have just drowned my babies but i need to know.

johney66

Sep 13, 2011
Arlington, TX.
Real Name
Johney
I had another clutch that looked like it was falling off (part of it was missing and it was hanging down ) I made the incubator and went to take it down and it just started falling apart and into the tank. Yes it did sink! i grab what i could and put it in the incubator. Did i just kill my first batch of snails? Some fell to the bottom and others got eaten. They have black spots in the ones i saved. In the future should i just leave them alone? This one was batch number 5. There are conflicting reports out there as to hatch times. When should i decide that the other batches are no good. It realy hurts to think i may have just drowned my babies but i need to know.
If they have dark spots then they're fertile. If they were only in the water for a few seconds then I doubt they drowned. If they haven't hatched out in 6-7 weeks then they may not especially if they haven't even developed dark spots in them. (I have some that are 2 months old that I am still hoping on but seriously doubt) Before throwing them away I would freeze them for a couple of days though to make sure they don't hatch out in the trash, that would be a bad way to die...
If part of it was missing it could have started hatching out or if you have other types of snails they could have started eating them, but that is kind of doubtful.
Hope this helps to ease you mind, I doubt you drowned any...

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store