Name Sterotypes

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Madcrawdad

The ONLY AC Mafia
Dec 29, 2006
Chicagoland
Try being a guy named Jamie...

We all either know how to fight, or are total smart-acres. It comes with all the taunting growing up.
I worked with a guy who was named Jami (no "e") and his middle name was Lynn. He used to joke that his parents must have wanted a girl...

Fortunately for him, he was a really big guy, and I don't think too many folks would have taunted him as he got older.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I worked with a guy who was named Jami (no "e") and his middle name was Lynn. He used to joke that his parents must have wanted a girl...

Fortunately for him, he was a really big guy, and I don't think too many folks would have taunted him as he got older.
LOL... I'd say he's lucky, but only in certain respects. I've always been pretty average height wise and really slender. No intimidation tactics here...

nerdyrcdriver

AC Members
Sep 1, 2011
USA
Real Name
Nick
I hate having the name Nick sometimes. My friends call my by Nicholas when they really want my attention and I think there is a Nick in just about every one of my classes.

Most people see me and think nerd with the good grades and stuff. Sure I am a nerd with good grades, and I can build computers and solder and stuff. But most people have never seen that I love riding atv's and dirt bikes, I have used a bobcat (construction thing, not sure of the official name), and I am actually pretty strong despite my arms looking like spaghetti. The "cool kids" at school can throw a football or get a few girls and stuff, well, I can weld, I am working on a robot that could easily break someones leg and I could ride on top of it if I wanted to. In spanish class we had to make a little poster about when we were little kids. Of course I dont know how to describe myself in 3 words in english, let alone spanish. I also kind of cheated and put a pic of me jumping my atv at my friends track when I was 6. Of course I was wearing all of my gear and stuff so they couldnt see my face. But all of the pics I could find other than that one looked exactly like me and I wanted it to be a challenge to the other people. There are 24 students in the class and one girl got 23 of the students correct, but she didnt get me. Everyone was shocked that I used to do that kind of stuff, or went sledding off the top of my neighbors roof into a garbage can. Or that I used to jump a normal bike higher and further than most of them would jump a dirt bike now.

I guess mine wasnt so much of a name thing, it was more of a nerd thing.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
I am not sure about other "Bobs", but I always seem to be in the group described as angels.

jbradt

this is bat country
May 9, 2008
outback, NY
Real Name
I. P. Daily
I am not sure about other "Bobs", but I always seem to be in the group described as angels.
I didn't realize angels could be described as "grumpy".

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store