New (shipped) betta flashing? Med recs?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

sparklepuff

AC Members
Feb 6, 2021
Hello all.

This little fellow just arrived early this afternoon after 5 days in the mail. He is in a 6 gallon tank, with normal parameters (it hasn't quite been two weeks of running it yet so not fully cycled yet, but no ammonia or nitrite). Water was prepped with Prime, Stability and a bit of Stressguard. The water is slightly cloudy due to bacterial bloom. See pic and video below.

I don't see any outward signs of him being ill (maybe one slightly puffy eye, its hard since he's mostly light colored), but he has been seemingly rubbing himself on the gravel. I realize being shipped and now being in new water may cause some irritation to his skin, and was planning on just monitoring him before trying anything? He seems energetic thankfully (he attacked the thermometer a few times, among other things lol). I am going to give him a pellet or two this evening or early tomorrow morning. I see mixed opinions about fasting shipped fish when they are arrive.

I have some KanaPlex, Prazipro and API ich meds on hand, just in case. Was thinking of maybe getting some SulfaPlex as well.

IMG_CB16AC880315-1.jpeg

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store