New tank

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Zosime

AC Members
Mar 21, 2013
precisely. but most of the dudes grow on the impellers of pumps. remove the impeller from it's housing in the pond filter, and replace the fish tank filter impeller with it. It should fit. if it doesn't, heat it up and reshape it. from there, it's smooth sailing :thm:
wait if i take out the pond impeller what will be making the pond filter work?

Zosime

AC Members
Mar 21, 2013
Im going with what youguys said im going to return them and pick up another betta and get it cycled for acouple months then buy some of the same fish again when i know more

somethingpishy1

AC Members
Jan 24, 2008
Northern Virginia
thats not a jack dempsey, its a geophagus. make sure you know what you're buying before you buy it next time. they are a lot more sensitive than jack depseys. good luck with cycling

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
I keep reptiles and tarantulas more i know keeping fish isnt dangerous LOL :p its probally just challanging to keep the water ok for them or what ever. I dont understand what they are saying to do im just keeping these fish to entertain my lizards

Not dangerous? Unaware of the various (mostly marine) poisonous species then, are we?

Zosime

AC Members
Mar 21, 2013
Not dangerous? Unaware of the various (mostly marine) poisonous species then, are we?
Well yeah i know of the salt water we have a huge like 150 gallon live rock Saltwater tank, but we are talking in the fresh water section so i didnt think there is anything to dangerous

Glabe

River Rat
May 10, 2011
Well yeah i know of the salt water we have a huge like 150 gallon live rock Saltwater tank, but we are talking in the fresh water section so i didnt think there is anything to dangerous
water damage, electrical shock, drowning kittens, and that super rare flesh eating bacteria are about the extend of the danger :p

Zosime

AC Members
Mar 21, 2013
water damage, electrical shock, drowning kittens, and that super rare flesh eating bacteria are about the extend of the danger :p
lol :p
What type of fish can i put in with the zebra danios i just have a kick watching them all play and mess around in the tank so id like to add some more fish that are like that and do good in groups

Zosime

AC Members
Mar 21, 2013
thats not a jack dempsey, its a geophagus. make sure you know what you're buying before you buy it next time. they are a lot more sensitive than jack depseys. good luck with cycling
OK even though there was like 5 cichlids in one tank and the petco person he accidently scooped up the earth eater how can i stop that and how can i know i was watching him i thought he got the right one i wasnt sure though,, next time ill stand there and point out the exact one :p

authmal

Pseudonovice
Aug 4, 2011
Phoenix, AZ
OK even though there was like 5 cichlids in one tank and the petco person he accidently scooped up the earth eater how can i stop that and how can i know i was watching him i thought he got the right one i wasnt sure though,, next time ill stand there and point out the exact one :p
Yes, you watch, and point out the one you want. Also, be very very sure (which can only happen after you do your research) that the one(s) you point out are really what you think they are. I went to a well reputed LFS here, and they had a tank of "rasbora hetermorpha" that was labeled that way, and the employee said were a newly received batch. I asked if he was sure that was what they were, and he assured me that's what they were. Well, since that meant they were charging less than I typically see trigonostigma espei typically go for locally, I jumped on the deal, since that's what those fish really were. Knowing what I wanted (the espeis) as opposed to what was labeled enabled me to spot a bargain.

And yes, I can see how a better man than I would have alerted the staff to their error, but if they don't know what they have, that's *their* lack of education. They probably got the wrong order from their supplier, and just didn't know any better.

Last edited by a moderator:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store