ok got my ten gallon planted any suggestions as to what else?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Squawkbert

Senior padder
Oct 3, 2006
ST.L area
www.aquaticplantcentral.com
Google Hydrocotyle (sp?) pics - or try plantfinder or plantgeek - I think that's what the mystery plant is, not sure abt species.

3WPG, if it's not actinic, might support HC. Some Myriophyllum or Cabomba might be a good "test plant" - if either or both of these grow, you may get HC to grow in unshaded regions of the tank.

mellowvision

Seafood Lover
May 17, 2007
Brooklyn NY
www.mellowvision.com
Real Name
Bill Brissette
I bet you can grow HC... I have it in my 10g with 40w... and it's growing way too fast. I took some clippings and threw them in another tank, a 20g with 54w and it continued to spread, although more slowly. then I cut the light back to 28w in the 20g, and the hc is still living... not spreading much but green. I think it loves high light but can do with less.

gupman

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
Pennsylvania
New growth just an update with pics...

Everything is growing good and the DH is spreading pretty quick....:headbang2:

Picture 142.jpg Picture 146.jpg Picture 155.jpg Picture 152.jpg Picture 149.jpg Picture 153.jpg

fgump

AC Members
May 17, 2007
Utah
That's cabomba in the back corners isn't it? How do you like it in your 10 gallon. I'm in the process of setting up a 10 gallon heavily planted tank, and trying to decide on what to put in it.

I have cabomba in my 29 gallon, that's about 19" high. And the cabomba grows about 6 to 8 inches a week. I have to trim it almost every week. I think that would be a little to fast growing for a 10 gallon, at least for me. But at the size yours is, it looks good.

gupman

AC Members
Aug 5, 2007
Pennsylvania
Well I just set this up.If it grows that fast guess i'm gonna be doing alot of trimming.when you cut the tops off does it grow outwards from the nodes?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store