Over-filtering

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

JamisonBWolsh

I am what I am. Defender of truth!
Nov 1, 2002
Hawaii
Dont forget the emperors are made alot better then the penguins! Dont you clean the inside of the spraybar?

Swordfish

aka Max Power!
Nov 9, 2001
London, Ontario, Canada
I could never find the right place to set my spray bar on my emperor. Setting it as high as possible to still hit the wheel made it slow (which i believe is necessary) but created a lot of drip noise. Settiing it anywhere below the highest point made it spin at a crazy high rpm shooting water all over which resulted in a lot of water noise.
So i was not satisfied.

crenwelge

AC Members
Nov 28, 2002
Visit site
OH MY I didn't expect this many replies or the post to head in this direction. Oh well anyway the old penquin that i thought was broke is so old that I don't remember when we bought it, it is also covered in lime and calisum deposites that i gave up trying to get off because of hard well water where i used to live. I have never understood about bio wheels anyway so I will have to wait and see what I think of it. THANKS!

NJ Devils Fan

#1 Devils fan
Oct 28, 2002
Yonkers, NY
members.tripod.com
Wow, this topic is pretty old.

A spray bar is a tube on the filter placed by the top of the biowheel. It has water shoofing out of it to make the bio wheel spin. You can turn the spray bar to make the wheel spin faster or slower.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Originally posted by MP
I....The only [purely personal] thing I may add is that I would like to see no Penguins in any of my tanks. I just don't like them at all. :)
Not to mention you may have to buy one of these!

Chillers

JP457

AC Members
Nov 30, 2002
Visit site
I have had a penguin 125, a penguin mini and an emperor 400. the only one I had problems with was the 125. not all penguins are bad just that one.

Forum221

AC Members
Dec 19, 2002
Naperville, Il
Visit site
I have 2 Pengiun Bio Wheel Minis, Penguin 125 and a penguin 170 and i have had no problem with any of them. One time my wheel stopped spinning in the 125 but i just cleaned the impeller and rinsed off the filter carterage and it worked great. As long as the wheel is spinning at all, its working.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store