Pleco wont eat vegetables!!

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

the loach

AC Members
Aug 6, 2018
I'm not sure what your definition of "very good" water parameters is, what is the temperature, pH, KH, GH, NH3, NO2, NO3?
Apart from the high protein content Tabimin pellets are too small and fall apart shortly after. This isn't helpful for pleco's that's why they have pleco tablets or Plecomin those stay hard in water.
However even that shouldn't be the staple, feed them vegetables, blanched or cooked. They love squash, zucchini, broccoli and stuff like that. They are not picky and eat all the time so he isn't feeling well.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
OK, I did see it in both pics (now) but I can't tell what kind it is. What happened to its tail?

As sometimes, TL & I disagree. Tabimin tablets are how we taught our first "common pleco" to "wink for a tabi". I'm not sure if it was the high protein or the "sweetnees" of white potato in many Tetramin products. Most "alga wafers" are mostly just "green" spirulina colored fish food, not always veggie rich...if your pleco is more vegetarian than omnivore

Yes, keep trying to get it to a more varied diet.

What other fish do you have with it? What size is your tank?

HugoFish

AC Members
Sep 11, 2019
Albania
Real Name
Gleis
Have 1 kubishin , 1 goirami and 2 cory catfish + 1 fish that i dont know what is it. Have an 11g tank

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Uh oh, those fish grow way too big for your tank! You need much smaller fish. No matter the species of your pleco, it will out grow your tank very soon, as will the goldfish & gourami. I'm sorry.

HugoFish

AC Members
Sep 11, 2019
Albania
Real Name
Gleis
My pleco finally started eating his vegetables.Dont think that other fishes would do this to a zuchini right?20190919_190622.jpg

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store