Poll: Which is your favorite fish and why?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mollybabes

AC Members
Jan 3, 2003
california
Visit site
My boyfriend and I want to get a new fish, but one that is dofferent from what we have already-a dojo loach, giant danios, mollies, swordtails, chinese algae eaters, a guppy, a frog and a ghost shrimp.

Mine are my baby mollies-they all (5) swim together and beg me to feed them at the front of the tank and give me little kisses when I stick my finger in.

My boyfriend's is our Dojo loachbecause he has such a strong personality and gives big, giant kisses that you can really feel and even hear if he is on the surface of the water

Roland

worlds last gunslinger
Originally posted by mollybabes
My boyfriend's is our Dojo loachbecause he has such a strong personality and gives big, giant kisses that you can really feel and even hear if he is on the surface of the water
Whos kissing who here!!??

My fav fish is my black ghost knife fish. They swim in the most unusual and perplexing fashion, and juviniles dont cost too much.
Of course 20" specimins arent uncommon in an aquaria, and certainly couldnt be trusted with the fish you already have.

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
Clown loaches!!!! I have 3, 4 " clowns and I love feeding them
algea waffers and hearing them click!

waterspirit

Charlie don't surf...
Dec 11, 2002
Oak Grove, KY
Visit site
My favorite would have to be bar none, the black ghost knifefish.
Mine is soooo tame and sweet. He lounges and lays around all day and then when feeding time comes, he's always at the same plce, ready to take the food right from my hand:D

punch

AC Members
Mar 25, 2002
Petaluma, CA
Yes, Clown loaches "click". Many people have been confused to hear strange clicking noises or sounds of someone tapping on the glass only to discover its clown loaches. I have a black tip shark that also makes a clicking sound similer to the loaches when he eats algea waffers. For the shark I believe its the rasping on the wafer or knocking it next to glass but sometimes I
wonder if he learned loachese!

val

Oct 18, 2002
Eastern Shore, Maryland
Oh geez, only one.

I can't do it. My favorites are: (1) fantail GF -- simple and basic I know, but they are active, hardy, beautiful -- (2) Black Tailed Red Shark -- elegant, mine have been peaceful, and probably the best swimmers I've ever had in my tanks-- (3) checker barbs -- delightful fish, and the more you look at them, the prettier they get. I've had all of these, but the fish I'm most looking forward to getting are mudskippers. I've found a store relatively close to me that has them on a regular basis...

Val

pinballqueen

Roleplayer
Aug 4, 2002
Sevierville, TN
www.hostultra.com
Wow.... I've had so many types of fish that it's hard to pick just one....especially if you're looking for tank suggestions (which by now, most of you have realized I raise tankbusters and resell them... so I stink at picking little fish...)

My fave of all time would have to be the African Flag Knifefish (in the same family as BGK's, but a lot more rare and meaner...), but they're not a good candidate for anyone without a big budget and lots of free time to spend cleaning...

I would guess my favorite in the "attainable" category would have to be cory cats, though. They've got lots of spunk. I've tried to have them in every tank I've had (with the exception of a few mean grow-outs like barracuda or AFK's.... they wouldn't stay too long with them...)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store