Poll: Which is your favorite fish and why?

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Nippy

Sweetie's keeper
May 26, 2002
Fairbanks, Alaska
I'd have to say my Midas and Jaguar Cichlids. There's nothing like having a fish chase you from end to end of the tank or attack a plastic toy or try to bite you in the dark when you walk by the tank.
Akasha(Jaguar) is always showing me who's boss. She chases, attacks the glass, tries to bite or body slap my head but as soon as I put my hand in the tank, it's all love and petting. I even rub her little fishy chin. :)
Sweetie(Midas) loves to chase, bite, body slap everything(including my arm and the vacuum), attack and chase his fish toys, give me kisses in the morning and bite anyone if they walk by the tank(it's really creepy when you go downstairs in the morning before turning any lights on and you hear this loud SCHNAP against the glass as you walk by). :eek:
Sweetie also lets me pet him but his beady eyes are forever on your fingers, just waiting. ;)

I really like my tiretrack eels lately too. Their big eyes are adorable.

punkie pishie

In the arms of my keeper
um...

I have to say mollies and goldfish!, i want to have a pond with koi and goldfish in my yard and a 150 with all mollies and other livebears in my bed room

Last edited:

RyJ

AC Members
Feb 2, 2003
Moncton, NB, Canada
Visit site
dang...it's so hard to pick just one fish.

hmm...I'd have to say Marble Angelfish. I used to have a school of five (I got them when they were the size of dimes). They all grew up together and got along really well. They were getting a bit too big for the tank (30 gallon) so I traded them into the lfs.

I also LOVE all of the different types of fancy goldfish....especially Panda Orandas *drools*

Wulfy

AC Members
My Ex used to keep lots of Bettas.
The most character I have seen in a fish.
Each one has a distinct personality and I never would
have thought I would say this about fish, but
they are SMART (for a fish).

Orandas are beautiful but they are sad mutants
I no longer keep them :(

I am in love with Discus now, they seem to have
a lot of curiosity too. I can watch them forever at
a fish store.

O-man21

30 FW, 6 SW, 2.5 SW
Dec 3, 2002
Des Moines, IA
I have lot's of favorite fish. If I had to give all my fish away but one, I would probably keep my 8" wild oscar. He has so much personality!!! He will attack everyone in the area of his tank except me! I tought him to jump through a loop that I hold over his tank. It's awsome!!
My kribs would definitly follow closly in second, with their great colors and ease of keeping.

125gJoe

2009 VMAX
Jul 6, 2002
Discus

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store