Get Your MonsterFishKeepers Cap

Welcome to AquariaCentral.com

You are currently viewing our boards as a guest which gives you limited access to view most discussions and access our other features. By joining our free community you will have access to post topics, communicate privately with other members (PM), respond to polls, upload content and access many other special features. You will be entering into a wonderful world of aquatic information, for all aquarists, no matter what their experience level.

Our members will do their best to help you in your aquarium endeavors. We have a vast assortment of Forums to dive into:

-General Freshwater
-Marine and Brackish area
-Terrarium and Vivariums
-Coldwater
-DIY, Classifieds, Members Tanks Photographs and more.

We even have a general area, that is just as much fun as the rest of the Community, for off topic discussions and a real-time chat room for instant advice!

Joining Aquaria Central has numerous benefits, but the best, is our 112,000+ members, helping one another in this fascinating hobby!

Register now, and be sure to check out our scheduled contests with exciting prizes!

Registration is fast, simple and absolutely free so please, join our community today! !

If you have any problems with the registration process or your account login, please contact contact us.

Welcome to the Internet's friendliest aquatic forum!

- Team AC

1. Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!
    Dismiss Notice

Pregnant orange molly sick help!

Discussion in 'Freshwater Illness and Disease' started by Gypsy Danger, Aug 8, 2018.

1. Gypsy Danger

Gypsy Danger Registered Member

Monday at 11:34 PM
    My pregnant molly is sick I think, my sister is fish sitting for me while I'm out of town. And she sent me a pic of my pregnant molly. She is norally bright orange. But she has over the past 3 days developed what looks like hard water stains on her back and around her mouth. I can't get the parameters until tomorrow. She is acting normal and doesn't seem distressed. Eating, swimming ok. Not rubbing against the tank or decor. She is breathing a bit heavy but that might be the fry's may be close to being born she is looking rather boxy. I looked up fish illnesses but none seem to look like her.
    Temp is 79 /80 I do have a heater but it has been a constant 79/80 past 2 mo with out it on. It's been extremelyhot summer and I don't have central air so it's hot in the house 24/7
    29 gallons, tank is not in the sun at all, 2 aqua clear 50 filters, and a 50 g bubbler, apI flakes 2 to 3x day, and shrimp sinking pellets, occasion veggies blanched, last water change my sister did sunday, has been set up since may, freshwater no salt,
    Tank mates: 2 platys, 3 eel loachs, total of 4 mollies one was added a wk ago, and a clown pleco who is 1.5 inches but will be going to a separate 50 gallon this wk
    Sister added java moss today for the fry when they hatch
    Help pls!

20180808_215739.jpg

20180808_215735.jpg

20180808_215734.jpg

#1 Gypsy Danger, Aug 8, 2018
    Last edited: Aug 8, 2018
  2. tanker

tanker Josh Holloway--Be mine!!!

Jessica
    Yesterday at 10:31 PM
    Jessica
    She does not look sick, but I do not have any "before" pictures to compare with.

3. Gypsy Danger

She was a healthy shiny orange, but now there is a film that looks just like hard water and my plecos mouth has a thin rim of it as well. But he is acting normal. It literally looks like lime scale /hard water like you get on your faucets. Could it really be that? Or...? I'm pretty new to fish so I'm kinda worried.

4. tanker

Jessica
    Jessica
    Fish does not get "Hard Water Scales". Could it be ICH?

5. Gypsy Danger

I didn't think they could, not ick, it's a film but not fuzzy and not like salt grains. And I can't find pics of anything that looks like it online.

20180808_234324_001.jpg

6. tanker

Jessica
    Jessica
    Could be just me, but I cannot see anything wrong. What are your water parameters?
    The temp is OK.

7. the loach

the loach AC Members

Yesterday at 9:46 PM
    I don't see it either. As long as they are acting and eating normally, there is no reason for concern yet.
    I do see a sea shell which can alter water chemistry and this is not recommended certainly not for soft water fish like plecos. There are a lot of plastic plants but the tank seems to be reasonably lit, it would be better getting some easy low light plants, that will be beneficial.