Putting together a tiny aquarium

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

cobfreak

AC Members
May 1, 2010
Cumberland, MD
that's very cool. I made a larger tank with square glass, and it holds water well. I did it in a different way, staggered weirdly so that every side piece rests on the bottom. Unfortunately I used Silicone II and so don't currently trust it with fish.

Anyway, very nice. I'd like to see some more info on how exactly you fit the pieces together. I can't quite figure out from the pictures how you arranged them.

Ballyhoo

AC Members
Jun 27, 2010
Fairfield, CA
Looks great!

BettaFishMommy

finkids make me happy :-)
Mar 17, 2008
Deadmonton, lol, Canada
Real Name
Sherry N.
success!!!! :)

a lil sand, some itty bitty anubias, a mini moss ball....... it's gonna look great!

fishycat

needs more wiggle.
Dec 9, 2009
Hawaii
:iagree: That would look awesome with some sand and anubias nana petite tied to a little manzanita twig. :laugh: I like the pic where you used the frames to look like a stand & hood.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
that's very cool. I made a larger tank with square glass, and it holds water well. I did it in a different way, staggered weirdly so that every side piece rests on the bottom. Unfortunately I used Silicone II and so don't currently trust it with fish.

Anyway, very nice. I'd like to see some more info on how exactly you fit the pieces together. I can't quite figure out from the pictures how you arranged them.

The sides sit on the bottom pane, but the sides only touch edges to each other. The two inner corners of both panes touch.

Lillyan

AC Members
Jan 26, 2010
Culpeper, VA
very cool :) You should make a mini led hood too.
btw did a bomb hit your room?
When we moved, that was supposed to be the pc/office. But we don't have a desk and the stuff went in and slowly came back out elsewhere. When we look for things, we just move other things off to the side and never put it back, since there really isn't a place for it. The rest of the house is clean though.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store