radiata lion wont eat.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
yeah, when i said cocktail shrimp i meant raw shrimp, i should have been more specific. They are gray, so they are raw. The still have shells on too, which i know is at least recommended for my trigger.

So far so good with the trigger and the lion together, the lion is bigger, and the trigger is still very spooked by him.

i dont usually see ghost shrimp around here, ill have to check my LFS harder and look at petsmart too. If not, i might try what grins said and just injure one of the damsels so its an easier target.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
grins:

what did you feed the marine beta? I've been looking into them very much, and i think that may be my next purchase. Also if you dont mind me asking how big was it and what was it priced at?

Final stocking i want to look like this.
Niger tirggerfish
Radiata Lion
Marine Beta
Map Angel (or french angel)
Yellow Kole Eyed tang
yellow Stripe maroon clown.

Look reasonable?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
i tried the raw shrimp with no success the trigger freaking ate the thing as soon as it hit the water and then i put another one in and it hit the bottom and 2 emerald crabs came out and fought over it before the lion even moved.

The third one i tried to spot feed... but he had no interest. When you guys spot feed, do you put it right in front of there mouths, or just close to them in there site? Cause im just putting it in his sight, and trying to keep it still, but he wont budge for it. I think i should probably put it right in front of his mouth, but these are only real short plastic tongs bought at walmart, and honestly im a bit scared that if the **** fish jolts up fast im not going to be able to get my hand out of the water in time and get stung. (i know im a chicken)

i guess tomorrow i'll have to run out and look for some ghost shrimp and guppies.

trainedkilla

trainedkilla
Aug 13, 2007
Fort Mitchell, AL
www.myspace.com
The lions I have had before, I got to feed by sticking raw shrimp onto the end of a ka-bob stick and shaking it in front of his face. That is the same method I use for my eels and puffers too.

Whenever you have active predators in a tank like triggers...I found that I had to spot feed quite often. It relieved the stress in the fish by cutting down on the competition for food.

SHK_ATK

Clam Chowda
Nov 4, 2006
(805)-CA (336)-NC
very good advise i would lastly add that there producs out there like entice and finneky eater that should work by soaking the food and feeding it to the prob fish, id prob do this as a last resort or if things get bad

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
grins:

what did you feed the marine beta? I've been looking into them very much, and i think that may be my next purchase. Also if you dont mind me asking how big was it and what was it priced at?

Final stocking i want to look like this.
Niger tirggerfish
Radiata Lion
Marine Beta
Map Angel (or french angel)
Yellow Kole Eyed tang
yellow Stripe maroon clown.

Look reasonable?
It had been there long enough that it would eat frozen foods. When I was there I'd give it frozen Prime Reef or Formula One primarly. Not sure what others were feeding it. It also had live rock and I'm sure it was picking from it as well. I'd watch this guy eat to make sure he was eating each day I was there.

He was a little over 4" and gorgeous. I think he was listed at $60 something.

Not sure if you've run across this in your reading or not but they aren't aggressive fish. Expect it hide and get bullied by some of those on your list. Our's wasn't an active swimmer at all and I believe they hide in the live rock a lot in most aquariums. If it wasn't for my shrimp I'd have brought him home.

sharkmatt

AC Members
Dec 17, 2004
I don't think the odd freshwater fish will harm the Lion. The reason I'd reccomend you don't feed freshwater to ween it onto food is that it could get a taste for them and then you might have difficulty weening it onto anything else. I know people who've had good results with Selcon when their fish wouldn't feed. Good luck.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store