radiata lion wont eat.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

mrtuskfish

AC Members
Jul 13, 2007
I like Selcon too. There is a good scientific reason to limit the freshwater fish eaten by lions and other SW fish; I can't remember the whole thing, but basically the FW fish are too fatty and cause liver problems over time. But, it is not a problem that will happen suddenly by using guppies to entice a non-eater or the OCCASSIONAL fish treat. Watching lions hunt once in a while is half the joy of owning them.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
have have a product like garlic extreme, only made by seachem called garlic guard. I might try that too.

Grins: with the marine beta, if i bought it larger say like 6 inches, do you think it would still be to intimidated?

Grins

Girl Reefer...we do exist
May 1, 2007
Charlotte, NC
No telling for certain of course, but they are shy fish from what i saw and from what I've read. A full adult size might help somewhat but not because the fish will feel safer due to size but because the others might be less inclined to harass it.

Main points if you go this route I think are to make sure it is eating frozen at the store. Give it plenty of live rock cover, and watch it at meal time to see if is being outcompeted for food by more aggressive eaters.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
will do,

still no success with the lion today so far. I put a cube of brine in, and its possible that he may of snagged a couple of little pieces, but even that im not sure of.

I tried more spot feeding with raw seafood, as well as tried to entice it with garlic. No luck.

Either tonight or tomorrow i will try the ghost shrimp.

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
nothing new, still offering everything i have. Tonight i will def. try the ghost shrimp... do you think its a sure thing?

Also, next fish i want is either a map angel, or a french angel, which do you think would be better?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
hey guys, tried the ghost shrimp still nothing really. If i put em in there live they swim away to fast, if i put them in there dead they float away with the current to fast or my trigger eats them before the lion.

Good news is i think the lion may have eaten my pep. shrimp last night.

any ideas?

joander123

what a fruitcake
Jan 12, 2007
Massachusetts
yes it can lol.

any ideas on what to try next?

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store