Red crystal shrimp ph

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
i definitely would bot recommend keeping them at 80 but they’ll probably survive fine. id expect their life to be atleast cut in half not that that’s terrible or anything if you get them breeding
You want an animal live long and healthy life, not cut in half, its cruel. Knowing that corys will not make it in higher temps, you still keep them in boiling water and then they die over time, for example. Even if they breed.

ykthaname

AC Members
Apr 3, 2021
You want an animal live long and healthy life, not cut in half, its cruel. Knowing that corys will not make it in higher temps, you still keep them in boiling water and then they die over time, for example. Even if they breed.
[/QUOTE/]
the life cycle would just be accelerated. not a stress caused death.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
I didnt say anything about stress??? Read my post again, higher temperatures with shrimps will cause too fast metabolism in them and therefore they will grow faster, procreate faster and die faster. It IS NOT recommended. Also, do they live in high temperatures in nature? No! You cant just reprogram what they have in nature, naturally. I have had some of my cherry shrimp for more than a year, all because I have never kept them in 25C+ temperatures.

Reactions: ykthaname

ykthaname

AC Members
Apr 3, 2021
I didnt say anything about stress??? Read my post again, higher temperatures with shrimps will cause too fast metabolism in them and therefore they will grow faster, procreate faster and die faster. It IS NOT recommended. Also, do they live in high temperatures in nature? No! You cant just reprogram what they have in nature, naturally. I have had some of my cherry shrimp for more than a year, all because I have never kept them in 25C+ temperatures.
an accelerated lifespan isnt the worst i said i wouldn’t recommend it but if they want shrimp with discus or something whos stopping them. you are aware that different varieties hail from different environments with different temperatures right? some varieties come from shallower waters in warm climates some come from large water systems that dont greatly shift in temperature . i was just watching a poscast with the “shrimp king talking about the temperatures he records in natural environments. and prepare another pair of pants because some of the environments were above 25c?

• Haha
Reactions: Sprinkle

ykthaname

AC Members
Apr 3, 2021
It is no good, not recommended. Shrimp king lol. Not much of a king of shrimps. Did you hear about temperature periods? Its short term, even in nature ?
this will be the last time i say it i dont recommend 80 but its not like it really matters that much especially if the shrimp start breeding. its a seasonal occurrence and its not like theres allot of temperature change in a tropical environments. self proclaimed shrimp king and if he gets the cosign from aquarium coop and owns an entire brand revolving around the proper care of shrimp hes fine by me.

ykthaname

AC Members
Apr 3, 2021
It is no good, not recommended. Shrimp king lol. Not much of a king of shrimps. Did you hear about temperature periods? Its short term, even in nature ?
what are you even debating with me because i see no contradictory information in what weve both said.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Not fine by me! Even 100% others will agree with me, it is not recommended long term, only short term if you really want to breed them that bad and if ur impatient. If not, dont keep and abuse them.
what are you even debating with me because i see no contradictory information in what weve both said.
youre the one whos actually doing it. Im just replying cuz i am just here.

ykthaname

AC Members
Apr 3, 2021
Not fine by me! Even 100% others will agree with me, it is not recommended long term, only short term if you really want to breed them that bad and if ur impatient. If not, dont keep and abuse them.

youre the one whos actually doing it. Im just replying cuz i am just here.
what did i say that was contradictory ? that i wouldn’t recommend it? i keep my feeder cherries and crystals at 68 personally before i watch them get torn apart by pufferfish. but yeah cherry shrimp will do absolutely fine at 80 degrees if you really think 5 degrees is the difference between animal abuse and excellent care i dont know what to say. ik youre loving getting attention but this stupid squabble really doesnt need to take someones thread over.

Sprinkle

AC Members
Mar 21, 2020
UK
Shrimps are not to keep with large fish, even with puffers or sparkling gouramis. It is easy to interpret that these lil critter will be torn apart. I think you like the attention, i am not some five year old kid that want their mummuys attention, i am independent, soon to have a real job and bank account. No worries, these posts will be promptly removed by our great mods.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store