Sadness

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
i used clear tape and oops i know nothing about hermits except that they need friends.
Are you sure he couldn't live alone? If noti can get more.

Thx, I'm taping the thing on as we speak.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
they live in packs of 100's in the wild. they also need humidity high, something to burrow in , and lots of hermit crabs shells.
I used to have hermits, and all they didn't need to burrow or high humidity. All I've got in with him is gravel, some water ( just in the tank, so it's a little moist and wet) and a shell for him, because I know at night they hide and then come out of they're shells. The shell as s big hole in it.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Goldfish (or koi anyways...) are river fish. Fast current and lots of surface agitation is natural for them.
But there was so much it was impossible for the, to go to the front of the tank.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
True, also, not to mention they're probably weak enough as it is... Feeder goldfish are so abused. :(
Ya, theyre really weak, but they seem to be happy. Pretty active. They keep gulping up sand and spitting it out, like cichlids do. They seem to like to look at things outside the glass. :)

I don't think these are feeders, but they might have used to be. They are nice sized,maybe 2 inches, not including the tail.

Also, would the hermit need an actuall pool of water to bath in? Or could he just have water to stay wet? He's very active.

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Ya, theyre really weak, but they seem to be happy. Pretty active. They keep gulping up sand and spitting it out, like cichlids do. They seem to like to look at things outside the glass. :)

I don't think these are feeders, but they might have used to be. They are nice sized,maybe 2 inches, not including the tail.

Also, would the hermit need an actuall pool of water to bath in? Or could he just have water to stay wet? He's very active.
I used to have hermits, and all they didn't need to burrow or high humidity. All I've got in with him is gravel, some water ( just in the tank, so it's a little moist and wet) and a shell for him, because I know at night they hide and then come out of they're shells. The shell as s big hole in it.
they love to burrow in sand or moss. humidity comes from the pools of water they need in their tank. i think they need a saltwater and a freshwater pool. try google.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store