Sadness

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ok, I think I'm gonna be up all night watching my hermit. He's awesome. I flipped the shell, and put water in it, but soaked the rest of the tank, so I put in a price of dead coral we collected at the beach a while back (don't worry, it's clean) so he could stay dry. He loves it. He climbs to the top, and after a while falls off, and then climbs up again. I dont know what species he is, so I don't want to risk wetting him if he's a Strawberry hermit and killing him. I doubt he is though, because why would a carnival be carrying a rare species? Lol
lol, wow... You really did do some research lol.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
lol, wow... You really did do some research lol.
Lmao

Anyway, I tried to make a bathing pool out of a shell, but I kept on spilling it into the gravel and flooding everything. So after about 5 failed attempts I drained the tank, took out the shells, cut of the bottom of 2 Dixie drinking cups as to make a bowl, filled them, and put them in. He hates the water so far, and seems to love climbing on the coral peice.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
I had a hermit crab once and he was awesome! his name was Charlie and he was huge! I'd stick my hand in the tank and he would crawl on =] I had a shell with water and a natural sponge for him to drink out of and a cocnut fiber inside tank background that he loved to climb up. I just misted the tank every day with a spray bottle to keep the humidity up and he was happy as can be. Good luck with the fish and the hermie!
Thx, I'll probably do a coconut fiber background myself. :)

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Well, everybody survived the night! The goldies aren't aren't as active, but they're doing great. I honestly thought the hermit crab was dead, because he was upside down in the cave, but he's ok, and right now I'm trying to get him to eat carrots. :)

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Cool. :) do you happen to anyone with a pond for the goldies? (they're the immediate concern ATM. The hermit situation seems to be under control.)

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Cool. :) do you happen to anyone with a pond for the goldies? (they're the immediate concern ATM. The hermit situation seems to be under control.)
Our neighbors have a small pond, butni would never put a fieh in their pond. All their fish die. I might get a 75 gallon for the 3 Of them?

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Ok, i took of the water bottle on the filyer, becaius eit wasnt secure enough to stay on, and the fish are getting stronger. They like to play in the current.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Nope... That's only 25 gallons for each fish. Your looking at more like 900 gallons for 3 of them. They hit over a foot and are messy... You really need a pond.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Nope... That's only 25 gallons for each fish. Your looking at more like 900 gallons for 3 of them. They hit over a foot and are messy... You really need a pond.
But someone said a 75 gal would be fine... I might be able to do a 100 gal, but thats a small chance.

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
For fancy goldfish yes... But you have comets (unless you post pictures that say otherwise) fancy's don't get as big, so you can keep them in a 20 gallon minimum. (per fish... So a 75 would work.) comets are a different story. (and this is the one exception where you probably SHOULDN'T do research... These fish are too misunderstood.)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store