Sadness

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

homedog98

AC Members
Jul 19, 2011
Ga
mytankbuilds1.webs.com
Real Name
Lauren
Ya, theyre really weak, but they seem to be happy. Pretty active. They keep gulping up sand and spitting it out, like cichlids do. They seem to like to look at things outside the glass. :)

I don't think these are feeders, but they might have used to be. They are nice sized,maybe 2 inches, not including the tail.

Also, would the hermit need an actuall pool of water to bath in? Or could he just have water to stay wet? He's very active.
sounds like you need to google hermit crab care ;) (forums are wonderful, but research is best!) lol. And pics would be nice as well (hint hint)

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
sounds like you need to google hermit crab care ;) (forums are wonderful, but research is best!) lol. And pics would be nice as well (hint hint)
I would have pics, but no camera right now... Srry

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Ok, I looked it up, and will be upgrading tank size to a 10 gal with 4 crabs soon. I won't have it very humid, as I don't have the money and time to keep up with that. Ill just bathe them.

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
There lol... Much better ;) how are the fishies doing?
Really good, they slowly swim in circles around the tank, and are always looking out. They keep swimming on each other and laying on each other, and seem obsessed with mouthing sand. It's funny. :)

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
Ok, I think I'm gonna be up all night watching my hermit. He's awesome. I flipped the shell, and put water in it, but soaked the rest of the tank, so I put in a price of dead coral we collected at the beach a while back (don't worry, it's clean) so he could stay dry. He loves it. He climbs to the top, and after a while falls off, and then climbs up again. I dont know what species he is, so I don't want to risk wetting him if he's a Strawberry hermit and killing him. I doubt he is though, because why would a carnival be carrying a rare species? Lol

allaboutfish

AC Members
Jul 12, 2011
memphis, tn
Real Name
johnathon dunn
Ok, I looked it up, and will be upgrading tank size to a 10 gal with 4 crabs soon. I won't have it very humid, as I don't have the money and time to keep up with that. Ill just bathe them.
all you need to keep humidity up is a spray bottle and a little 6.00 meter to measure the humidity

spencerguy1

I dont do Tuesdays.
Jul 19, 2010
Illinois
Real Name
Spencer
all you need to keep humidity up is a spray bottle and a little 6.00 meter to measure the humidity
Ok, I was thinking id need a herp humidifier and such. That's good to know.

Are his antennae supposed to be all zigzagy?

AFBRC

AC Members
Aug 28, 2010
Kansas
I had a hermit crab once and he was awesome! his name was Charlie and he was huge! I'd stick my hand in the tank and he would crawl on =] I had a shell with water and a natural sponge for him to drink out of and a cocnut fiber inside tank background that he loved to climb up. I just misted the tank every day with a spray bottle to keep the humidity up and he was happy as can be. Good luck with the fish and the hermie!

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store