Show us YOUR goldfish! (A photo thread)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

What types of goldfish do you keep?

• Common/feeder

Votes: 85 29.4%
  • Comet

Votes: 88 30.4%
  • Shubunkin

Votes: 56 19.4%
  • Oranda

Votes: 94 32.5%
  • Moor/telescope

Votes: 75 26.0%
  • Ranchu

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Ryukin

Votes: 70 24.2%
  • Fantail

Votes: 98 33.9%
  • Bubble-eye

Votes: 15 5.2%
  • Celestial

Votes: 8 2.8%
  • Wakin

Votes: 7 2.4%
  • Watonai

Votes: 4 1.4%
  • Pearlscale

Votes: 29 10.0%
  • Jikin

Votes: 2 0.7%
  • Tosakin

Votes: 3 1.0%
  • Other

Votes: 27 9.3%

• Total voters

Tank Obsessed

AC Members
Jul 10, 2010
My crazy goldfish

Sorry my Goldfish will not stand still to have there picture taken. They think it is feeding time, they always think its feeding time. There like dogs!

fish tank pics 021.jpg

geekboy

AC Members
Jul 1, 2009
Ontario, Canada
It's been ages since I was last actively contributing around here, but I figured I should at least post up some updates on the fish.

The current setup, main changes in the last few months:
- Largest common and shubunkin relocated to relative's pond
- Added 8 Oto Cats and 5 Golden algae eaters (A controversial choice, but they have gone two months without getting into trouble with the goldies).
- More work on live plants, pressurized CO2 added.

My star goldie "Cal" has grown a bit, and faded out a lot of his black highlights: (See this post(click) for how he used to look):

These two comets are still around, looking perhaps a little bedraggled but otherwise behaving like they are healthy. These are the two that I nearly lost to infection(click) last year, and a recent relapse was seen on the orange spotted one. This explains the scarred up tail fins. They have been real troopers:

Polly still has his frill. Turns out he was nearly full size when I got him:

These next two are the ones my father coined the "sharkie twins" when they were first introduced. They started out completely black(click), and I had naively thought them to be chocolate orandas. Well, they quickly changed color, and only recently has there been any oranda-like wen growth at all.

Sorry for not stopping by more often. Hope somebody remembers these guys. :)

Sonicblast12

AC Members
Aug 9, 2006
Browsing through this thread again, it's been awhile. Everyone loves pictures, so here's a couple. Lost my big orange ryukin a couple of days ago due to floaty issues I never could rectify. Tank isn't the same without him happily floating in the top left corner. First one in the tank, first one to go.

Contrast my tank to this post http://www.aquariacentral.com/forums/showpost.php?p=2187838&postcount=247.

It's amazing to me how much the fish have grown in less than a year, especially the singletail. I found the bare bottom actually more difficult to maintain than the black gravel I have now. The blueish bottom picture is how the tank actually appears, but the fish don't photograph as well without the flash.

The little ranchu is the bully of the tank, rocketing around like a little green golf ball and smashing into the others.

Last edited:

angel fresh

AC Members
May 23, 2010
i am very happy to see so cool looking fish and so healthy love them all.

I <3 my fish

AC Members
Jul 20, 2010
Toronto, Ontario

This is my redcap Oranda (or so Walmart says it is, but he doesn't seem to have much of a wen, and most of the others did...) I thought he was just too cute!:goldfish:

Ichthius

AC Members
Dec 2, 2008
Japanese born Oishi female (click on the image to see it properly, it's squished for some reason)

Japanese born Oishi Male

Blue Egg Phoenix

nomommythatsmyfood

AC Members
Sep 6, 2010
Georgia
Real Name
Meag
I wanted to share some of my previous little lovies...

the two balck and orange pearlscales...Mr. T and Ochocinco
the two orange and white pearlscales...Gullible Wideload and Tubs (Tubs was my 1st ever!!)
white fantail...the rescue from Walmart...Ali A Bab Wa (which I will never do the retail rescue thing again, broke my heart!)
the calico fantail baby...Cali Fish

and the only little partner I have right now...baby black Moor...Mr. Moor

When I have the money I am going to upgrade Mr. Moor to a bigger home...and then get him some tankmates as well!! Pearlscales are my absolute favorite but I like them all!!

100310 059.JPG 100310 061.JPG 100310 070.JPG 100310 068.JPG 100310 073.JPG

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store