Sick sad goldfish

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

goldfishowner

Registered Member
Sep 10, 2015
With doing that to the UGF filter media, you may have lost a lot of the BB. Same for scrubbing the surfaces inside. You need that liquid test kit to monitor ammonia and nitrite levels as the BB re-establishes. What is the driving force for the UGF...air stones? I wouldn't personally keep one fancy in a 10 gal tank...20 long minimum. And I would have a secondary HOB on it along with the UGF and preferably drive the UGF as a RUGF with a small powerhead for such a messy fish.
Yes air stones. Okay I will check back after I test. I'm currently at work so I won't be home for another half hour to do it.

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
keep those nitrates under 20

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
daily water changes of 30-40% until you see his activity go back to normal, regardless if the tests dictate you don't need to...light feeding....bigger tank...improved filtration...

biondoa

AC Members
Feb 6, 2015
NC
Real Name
Alison
ditto. Keep up the water changes. Keep nitrates down to 20 ppm. Good clean water can work wonders. A larger tank would be a big help too.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store