Some pictures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Look at all those eggs!! Congrats! What apisto is she? I'm sorry to say many females are very similar & I forget which 1s you have. Knowing you she's some extra cool rare species :D

Or am I wrong as to gender? That dorsal seems kinda long & pointy. Blue face spangles...hmm. Tannins staining the water & making "it" look yellow? You can be such a tease jake, lol.

I'm just now looking up your whiptail plecos, yeehaw! Are they a pair? I didn't see how to sex them. Is the big dark dorsal 1 a male? I'm guessing they're not adult yet, maybe 4 inches or so?

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
It is a he; the 'eggs' are grains of sand. Species is a. lineta; the whiptail - same fish from two different angles.

Look at all those eggs!! Congrats! What apisto is she? I'm sorry to say many females are very similar & I forget which 1s you have. Knowing you she's some extra cool rare species :D

Or am I wrong as to gender? That dorsal seems kinda long & pointy. Blue face spangles...hmm. Tannins staining the water & making "it" look yellow? You can be such a tease jake, lol.

I'm just now looking up your whiptail plecos, yeehaw! Are they a pair? I didn't see how to sex them. Is the big dark dorsal 1 a male? I'm guessing they're not adult yet, maybe 4 inches or so?

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
Well, huh, I'm very disappointed in the sand vs eggs apisto pic. I had high hopes! You had me fooled! What size sand is that? My quick google & a. lineta males are very different, not like any I've seen or read about...

Did you only get 1 cowboy whiptail? I know they're rare & expensive...& such different pic angels, I'm shocked!...You got me again jake!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
My latest and probably last major addition:
geox3.jpg

And yes the seller goofed big time. They are 7 fishes of which they are two different species and neither the one i actually ordered.
The two fishes fully pictured are two different species :(

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store