Some pictures

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Rbishop

Administrator
Staff member
Dec 30, 2005
Real Name
Mr. Normal
Nice pics!

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
What species of apisto is he? Pretty fish! Maybe you said...

I think this is my first time seeing long tailed cherry barbs, is it a new type? I haven't been to a lfs in more than 2 years...I may have seen all long fins but not just tails, kinda cute! I can't tell, do the females have that too?

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
The apisto is a pucallpaensis; I can't answer if the lf fin cherry are a recent addition - but i preferred the normal tail over long fine variety - but they were too small to be housed with the angels. The females are long fin but it is not as long as on the male - they are also more sedated. I'll try to get a picture of a female if she will sit still tomorrow - right now the lights of off - kind of dark.

I think this is my first time seeing long tailed cherry barbs, is it a new type? I haven't been to a lfs in more than 2 years...I may have seen all long fins but not just tails, kinda cute! I can't tell, do the females have that too?

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019

I didn't bother to take a picture - the answer is the tails are just as large on the female but mid way they become almost clear. One odd thing is that i had 2 serape tetra in the tank - for years (3) and they avoided each other like night and day - but since i added the barbs they have grouped up. I think at a future time i need a larger school - probably 30 or 50.

fishorama

AC Members
Jun 28, 2006
SF Bay area, CA
That's a cool apisto I don't think I've seen before! Yeah, I prefer natural fish fins & colors but not everyone does...& that's ok too...I was trying to support whatever variety of fish you chose.

IME serpae are brats but I never had more than 6 or 8. May a big school would help that tendency...I will not keep them again, too many other similar fish to try!

jake72

AC Members
Jan 28, 2019
That's a cool apisto I don't think I've seen before! Yeah, I prefer natural fish fins & colors but not everyone does...& that's ok too...I was trying to support whatever variety of fish you chose.

IME serpae are brats but I never had more than 6 or 8. May a big school would help that tendency...I will not keep them again, too many other similar fish to try!
These two are the left over from a larger school. They actually have been really well behaved - though adding the barbs might change that.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store