Stealth Pro Recall

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

CWO4GUNNER

USN/USCG 1974-2004 Weps
I cant ever remember what retailer I bought my 2 from but I have contacted Marineland in the past for other equipment warranty issues, I just hope they honor my email as they dont exactly have a user friendly recall system online, and I cant imagine trying to get through to talk to them. I dont have 2 spare heater on hand and the 2 stealth's have been working as well as my other my 2 Visitherms but no where near as well as my 300W Jebo $15 heaters LOL. Just 1 Jebo 300W heats my entire 7 foot long 210 tank, so far both Jebo's have been working spot on with no anomalies.

Taysius

Research first, buy later.
Nov 10, 2009
Indiana
Real Name
Jennifer
I cant ever remember what retailer I bought my 2 from but I have contacted Marineland in the past for other equipment warranty issues, I just hope they honor my email as they dont exactly have a user friendly recall system online, and I cant imagine trying to get through to talk to them. I dont have 2 spare heater on hand and the 2 stealth's have been working as well as my other my 2 Visitherms but no where near as well as my 300W Jebo $15 heaters LOL. Just 1 Jebo 300W heats my entire 7 foot long 210 tank, so far both Jebo's have been working spot on with no anomalies.
I've gotten through with their email system. Its just a lot slower.

DrgRcr

AC Members
Dec 17, 2008
Central NJ
Curious to know what heaters Marineland is shipping out to replace the StealthPro...
Exactly! Why replace junk with more junk. I just had one of the glass visitherms stick off on me in a fry tank this week. I'm seriously looking into new brands.

pjrichar

AC Members
May 9, 2009
Indianapolis,In
I took my old stealth heater to petsmart a 200 watt one. Not the pro version either. I had no receipt or box. They told me to pick any 200 watt heater they had and exchange it out. I picked up a new Aqueon pro 200. retails for $40.. Sweet deal. thanks alot stealth heater recall.

Arembjorn

AC Members
Sep 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
Just read another thread (off site), and a guy's stealth actually exploded and blew out his tank..... wow..

Plague

O.o
Aug 4, 2010
Miami, Fl
yeah there was a thread here a while ago where some guys heater blew up. the coils inside were sticking out. none of the fish harmed.

Arembjorn

AC Members
Sep 18, 2010
Real Name
Jason
It will :nilly:explode:nilly:, but at least it won't shatter, haha

I also notice that Marineland's website mentions nothing of this recall.
Retailers also still have stock. I'm guessing they were not notified or something?
I'll be talking to be LFS tomorrow. I shouldn't have been able to buy one at
this point I'd think..

Last edited:
zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store