thay don't make them like thay used to (20 gallon)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
well i while ago i sold/traded an old 55 gallon (thing had like 1/2in glass on it and weighed a ton) for $30 and a old metal rimmed tank. took him a while to get it to me he can be a bit forgetful but no harm done. had to be re sealed and the glass was defanlty replaced some time but it turned out pretty good. hope fully i'll be planting it this week but need to get some type of substrate first.

when i first got it home

and after being re-sealed. as you can see there is some of the original tar in there but on one side there is some clear silicone put in to replace it probably when some one replaced the glass. not the best looking but but that can be forgiven i feel and shouldn't be that noticeable.

this should be a fun project and will be interesting to scape it.

hydrophyte

AC Members
Apr 13, 2009
THose old vintage tanks are awesome. You will have a lot of fun with that.

I have an old Metaframe 10-gallon and something like a 29-gallon too. They both need resealed. I don't know when I will find the time to work on them.

Ozymandias

Metaframe junky
Jun 4, 2008
NJ
Real Name
Roy
i got an old 10 gallon to and a 3.5 gallon. the 10 galon needs new glass but the 3.5 gallon is my beta tank. at the pet store i work at we have a huge metal frame tank i'd say 120 or so, now that's a tank i fish i had.

Eupterus

The one who takes a different path.
Jul 22, 2007
31 Spooner St. Quahog, RI.
My old fashioned turned into a major leaker despite large amounts of silicone. It damaged the floor leaking multiple times and is now in storage.

FISHSHROD

FI double SH ROD
Aug 18, 2005
Pompano Beach,Fl.
Real Name
Mark
Reminds me of my first tank back in the 60's :)

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store