The 150: a work in progress.

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

dvandevelde1

AC Members
Jul 30, 2015
The Black Diamond looks nice. As far as stock goes, that's a tough one. We all have different favorites.

Keep in mind that fish tend to stay in certain "layers" of the tank. For instance, in my tank the Rainbows always stay in the top 2/3. My Roseline sharks stay in the bottom 1/2. My Clown Loaches and Rams tend to stay in the bottom 1/3. With your tank being so tall, I would pay attention to the "layering" effect. You have a lot of space to fill, and don't want half the tank to look empty.

Or you might think about going with some fish that are tall? Altum Angels? Good luck and looking forward to seeing how it develops.
So I definitely want Angels.... I also want some loaches and maybe some smaller cats? I really like gouramis... Would they work too? I also want schooling fish like some tetras and some zebra danios? I am really confused on the quantity as well. I don't want to over populate.

ROYWS3

AC Members
Aug 29, 2000
North-Central PA
Real Name
Roy
I might have missed it but what do you have the tank sitting on? 150# of substrate plus the tank and water is going to be awfully heavy

dvandevelde1

AC Members
Jul 30, 2015
So.... I'm sumping this tank.... I made a diy overflow and am going to be using a 20 gallon as the sump.... Everything's up and running I just need lots of bio media. I'm probably going to use a lot of plastic pot scrubbers. I have two bio wheels on the sump as well so I keep the bacteria I already have in the system. I will post pics of how the tank is looking tomorrow. It's time for bed. :)

Reactions: sumthin fishy

dvandevelde1

AC Members
Jul 30, 2015
Here are a few quick shots of the tank and the sump. The sump is in the earliest of stages right now. And the cabling is a bit messy down there... Oh well. Here y'all go.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

dvandevelde1

AC Members
Jul 30, 2015
Picked up some fish...
5 zebra danios
5 red eye tetras
2 blue paradise gouramis
A pearl gourami
A flame gourami
A clown loach
That's it so far.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

dvandevelde1

AC Members
Jul 30, 2015
I did some work on the sump. Who knows how it'll hold up or if I'll end up liking it like this... Anyways, I have a question for y'all. Does anyone know how I can get rid of this tannin problem quickly? I've been doing water changes and it's clear for a day and it goes back to barely being able to see through to the other end of the tank. It's quite annoying to be honest.

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

calivivarium1

Finished the fight
May 5, 2008
Fresno, California
Take the stick out and boil it is the only way I know... besides the release of tannins slowing down over time.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store