The 265gal Reef Build (and other associated nonsense)

• Get the NEW AquariaCentral iOS app --> http://itunes.apple.com/app/id1227181058 // Android version will be out soon!

NB_Aquatics

AC Members
Jan 17, 2011
SW Ohio
Real Name
Nick
Coming along great! That's an awesome setup you got there.

Lady G

It's a mafia thing, nothing personl
Oct 6, 2005
WI
gingersassatelli.bodybyvi.com
Sploke you are doing such a wonderful job!!!

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Thanks guys...we got all the sheetrock hung and the first coat of mud done last night...I'll grab the pics tonight and post them up.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Drywall is hung, these pics are after the first coat of mud Sunday night, and I was able to sand and get the second coat of mud on last night....getting there!

So that bulkhead fitting under the right side corner I thought I had taken care of....yeah not so much. It started leaking like a sieve when I hooked up the return pump. I thought I was screwed, since I couldn't get access to the nut to get it tighter OR to take it off. Finally I came up with this little jobby to take care of it. I heated the end of a piece of 2" PVC with a torch to soften it up, then forced it over a spare bulkhead nut, and ran it under cold water until it hardened. I was able to get it locked onto the nut under the tank, get the old bulkhead out, clean the area out, and get a new one in there. No more leaks!

The sump is running on the tank now too, I first hooked up the Quiet One 9000 for a return pump, but ironically, it was super loud. It might need an impeller or something, but in any case, since my koi pond filter is shut down for the winter, I grabbed the Oceanrunner 6500 off that and I'm using that as a return pump. Dead silent running submerged, very happy with it so far.

greech

AC Moderators
May 13, 2009
Tallahassee, FL
Real Name
Graham
That's some impressive engineering there sploke :).

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
lol thanks, it took me a while to get there but I thought it was a pretty ingenious solution.

Sploke

resident boozehound
Staff member
Oct 20, 2005
South Windsor, CT
Real Name
Matt
Drywall is done, wall is painted...heading to home depot soon to pick up the trip to finish around the window. It's painted a light gray, but we're not very happy with it, looking for a little more contrast with the rest of the room, so I think we're going to go a shade darker.

zoomed.com
hikariusa.com
aqaimports.com
Store